2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way,I see their point about the possibility of messing up the goal posts doing it & then having to delay the to repair the goal post,like in basketball when they shatter the backboard & glass flies everywhere. However,if Roger wasn't such a tyrant & killjoy,this would have gone through with minimal press. What ever happened to players having to keep their jerseys tucked in,or their socks up? Roger can come up with the weirdest things & the weirdest things to ban.

With that said, you don't see the NBA banning the slam dunk... I am sorry, but this typical BS from Go-dufuss/owners. OLD guys trying to ruining a young mans game.

I wish they'd get rid of the Lambeuau leap and I have no problem with them getting rid of dunking the football. The reason they are not allowing the goalpost duck is because a player bent the goalpost after doing it. When then happens play needs to be stopped so they can adjust the goalpost again. I don't want to be a huge stickler on celebrating because I feel you need to be able to celebrate some but all I want is for them to play football.

With that said, you don't see the NBA banning the slam dunk... I am sorry, but this typical BS from Go-dufuss/owners. OLD guys trying to ruining a young mans game.

Apples to oranges, there are rules about hanging from the rim, and picking up the ball and dunking it again? Those would be closer comparisons.

A better comparison to a dunk would be the flips into the end zone - the actual scoring of a TD, not a celebration.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Apples to oranges, there are rules about hanging from the rim, and picking up the ball and dunking it again? Those would be closer comparisons.

A better comparison to a dunk would be the flips into the end zone - the actual scoring of a TD, not a celebration.

There ARE two sets of rules about hanging from the rim. IF you are doing it to showboat, they give you a technical foul. IF you hang on to prevent an injury, the don't. Depends on the situation....so there IS some apples to apples comparison.

Because your faking doing what God(ell) said you can't do, thus he will possibly get his panties in a bunch and fine someone.

Or you could be less ignorant and actually apply the rules to your question. They are just enforcing the no use of props in celebrations and this celebration is a point of emphasis.

I wish they'd get rid of the Lambeuau leap and I have no problem with them getting rid of dunking the football. The reason they are not allowing the goalpost duck is because a player bent the goalpost after doing it. When then happens play needs to be stopped so they can adjust the goalpost again. I don't want to be a huge stickler on celebrating because I feel you need to be able to celebrate some but all I want is for them to play football.

Like I said earlier ... go ahead and celebrate your TD, you get :30 to do it and it can't be televised ...

I bet if it could not be televised, most of this would stop.

Where did you get that idea out of the posted article ?

It says basically neither party wants to go any further.

"Rice's attorney, Michael Diamondstein, said Rice and Palmer are "happy, they're together, they're in counseling" and said neither of them "wishes to go forward with this prosecution.""

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...cutors-20140327,0,7968806.story#ixzz2xCdE3nWG

College and HS has NEVER been allowed to spike the ball.

I'm well aware of that. Those players aren't suffering from the lack of spiking.

I don't know about you, but I watch football for the plays on the field, not the celebrating. It wouldn't bother me, and I'll bet most of the players if it was stopped entirely. It's a joke to 'allow this' and 'not allow that'.

Read the rest of it. He committed a crime and a grand jury indicted him. Not the kind of crime that requires the victim to press charges.

I'm well aware of that. Those players aren't suffering from the lack of spiking.

I don't know about you, but I watch football for the plays on the field, not the celebrating. It wouldn't bother me, and I'll bet most of the players if it was stopped entirely. It's a joke to 'allow this' and 'not allow that'.

I agree with you, I prefer the Barry Sanders way ...
Score and hand the ball to the ref.

Read the rest of it. He committed a crime and a grand jury indicted him. Not the kind of crime that requires the victim to press charges.

So the government steps in and prosecutes a guy that has no one on the other side ?

That said, they better get the facts right ... one report said she was unconsciousness in the elevator, if this is true, how did this happen, something had to have happened ...

So the government steps in and prosecutes a guy that has no one on the other side ?

If you commit a crime you can be prosecuted for it, surprise surprise. There is no stepping in, the legal process is continuing. Nice job trying to paint someone who has assaulted a woman as the victim though, wow.

If you commit a crime you can be prosecuted for it, surprise surprise. There is no stepping in, the legal process is continuing. Nice job trying to paint someone who has assaulted a woman as the victim though, wow.

You got proof ?

That said, they better get the facts right ... one report said she was unconsciousness in the elevator, if this is true, how did this happen, something had to have happened ...
waste of tax payer money....... no witness = no chance in court. if they get married charges dropped soooon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)