2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
How are you doing this when many games are on NBCS and CNBC and other Non OTA channels ?

That's one thing I love when going back to visit in the Detroit area...CBC from Canada using an OTA antenna. Also, the only thing I really miss about not having my old Star Choice (or whatever they're called these days) is Hockey from Canada. Good stuff! :)

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
He still can't see the stuff thats on NBCS and CNBC, unless it's on other networks as well ...
That's what TSN, TSN2, and RDS all on cable up there are for. But since he's a Habs fan and clearly knows English, he doesn't necessarily need those channels either unless he's following another team.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Friday's schedule

Canadiens at Lightning- 7:00pm ET (CNBC)- Canadiens lead series 1-0
Red Wings at Bruins- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)- Game 1
Stars at Ducks- 10:00pm ET (NBCSN)- Ducks lead series 1-0

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I tried watching the end of the Blackhawks game but I also fell asleep. Woke up to find they lost. Blackhawks pissed that game away.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
That's what TSN, TSN2, and RDS all on cable up there are for. But since he's a Habs fan and clearly knows English, he doesn't necessarily need those channels either unless he's following another team.

Irony is, most English fans (in Quebec and the Maritimes) prefer to watch Habs games on RDS (French version of TSN/ESPN). Mainly because the play by play guys are awesome and really know their hockey and history of the game, whereas CBC has alienated a lot of fans Canada wide with their pro-Leafs rhetoric.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
But since he's a Habs fan and clearly knows English.

That's an interesting topic, Ive been fluently bilingual since day 1 (never spoke English to my mother, and never French to my father). I don't have an accent in either language except when I speak w/ my Grandmother (Welsh/Wales) then I have a heavy British accent (go figure)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)