2015 Dish Price Increase

Rolling Joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Spokane, WA
Over on the antichrist DBS Forum, One "Tsmacro" posts that all the English Dish Network packages (with the exception of the Smart Pack) will increase $5.00 per month early next year. Any truth to this? Given all the contentious contract renewals, I'm guessing this sounds about right.

Let's change the tide a little. I'd like to see them go and do things a little differently, and increase their upsell value on referals to match DTV $10. I know folks love the ps4 idea, but money talks, and there are folks that don't care about the ps4(some of us are even in our 20's...gasp). Be a cool gift for my girlfriends kids when they move in, but not valuable to me at all, I'd love to take an additional $10 off for 10 months. That'd be cool. Only wishes though.

Reactions: KazooGuy
The only thing that is a given is that there will be a price increase. The contracts that Dish has with most programming providers feature a yearly increase in fees. So, even if Dish does not give in to any demands, they are still going to have price increases.
Widely misunderstood concept. Thank you for putting that out there.

If they increase it $5 they better not drop CNN, TruTV, TBS, TNT, CBS, etc. About the time the price increase kicks in and loss of channels would result in a lot of churn. Might take a little bit for the results to happen as people get out of their contracts but it wouldn't be good.

Reactions: bobvick
Raise it by 7 or 8 bucks,then lets hear how much money dish saves over dtv.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

really i don't understand WHY ? now the increase is constant rather than two or three year. Why DISH not drop inecesary channel, for example, VIACOM?

really i don't understand WHY ? now the increase is constant rather than two or three year. Why DISH not drop inecesary channel, for example, VIACOM?

Dish has contracts with the networks that own these channels. If Dish just dropped some channels it would violate their contract. One of these days Dish just needs to reconstruct their packages altogether.

Even if Dish dropped a lot of channels, there'd still be rate increases ..... just not as much (in theory) !

Reactions: ChadT41
It will be a $20 to $30 increase on DISH but Direct TV will only go up $3............... DISH will drop all RSN's will not have CBS stations or Showtime and will no longer have any Turner channels.

Raise it by 7 or 8 bucks,then lets hear how much money dish saves over dtv.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
You do realize if that were to happen I STILL would save $8 a month over Direct TV......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)