2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Well, it was in a joking way, but it was as much a slam on Gus and the teams performance as it was joking about Urban. More so really

It was the second such pic I saw in a few days that I found humorous. So I posted them for others to perhaps get a chuckle out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it was in a joking way, but it was as much a slam on Gus and the teams performance as it was joking about Urban.

It was the second such pic I saw in a few days that I found humorous. So I posted them for others to perhaps get a chuckle out of.

Maybe the Urban bashing is fun for you guys, but being a Buckeye and a long time fan of Urbans from his 1st head coaching job, yes, its been a while, since he's been at Bowling Green .... the heart condition jokes are a) OLD and b) distasteful.

Would you all been doing this had he actually died ?
Personally, I take everybody's personal well being seriously.

I don't like Harbaugh because of his stupid antics while in the NFL, but I don't wish him injury or heart issues or cancer or anything malicious.

Jimbo, it is a joke. Nothing more. I'm sure I've caught more flack from members here over our coach than you have over Urban and sweater vest. Well, maybe not.

But who cares? I would assume that most here know me enough to know that I harbor no ill will towards the man. I think he is a good coach, and he has a good thing going.

The joke was humorous to me though and I honestly could not imagine a scenario where I would have had to justify its humor before now.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Jimbo, it is a joke. Nothing more. I'm sure I've caught more flack from members here over our coach than you have over Urban and sweater vest. Well, maybe not.

But who cares? I would assume that most here know me enough to know that I harbor no ill will towards the man. I think he is a good coach, and he has a good thing going.

The joke was humorous to me though and I honestly could not imagine a scenario where I would have had to justify its humor before now.

Thats fine, your not the only one that has posted about his health and joked about it.
Joke about people all you want, joking about heath just rubs me wrong.

Thats fine, your not the only one that has posted about his health and joked about it.
Joke about people all you want, joking about heath just rubs me wrong.

I honestly do understand, but I also understand intent.

If you are going to be upset every time someone makes a non malicious joke about that situation , then you better hope he retires early. It is going to happen just because of how it went down at Florida, then the very quick rehire at osu.

Part of being in the spotlight and being good at your job.

I'm fairly certain Urban hasn't given it a second thought.

I honestly do understand, but I also understand intent.

If you are going to be upset every time someone makes a non malicious joke about that situation , then you better hope he retires early. It is going to happen just because of how it went down at Florida, then the very quick rehire at osu.

Part of being in the spotlight and being good at your job.

I'm fairly certain Urban hasn't given it a second thought.

He did take at least a year off, not like he quit one week and hired on the next month .... like Saban would do.

Would you all been doing this had he actually died ?
Personally, I take everybody's personal well being seriously.

I don't like Harbaugh because of his stupid antics while in the NFL, but I don't wish him injury or heart issues or cancer or anything malicious.

He did not die, and are you implying that I do not take other people's well being seriously?

Or that I wish Urban injury or heart issues because you have a differing sense of humor?

For anyone interested, the team that beat Arkansas to shut Bret Bielma up last weekend, the Toledo Rockets, will be on ESPN (2 I think) Saturday against Iowa State ... from the sec to the Big 12 ? Nice schedule.

I put in 11 lines for ESPN today at the Glass Bowl ... No, I didn't get a press box pass, but then I never looked for one either. Watching it from home will be fine !

For anyone interested, the team that beat Arkansas to shut Bret Bielma up last weekend, the Toledo Rockets,
They shut him up?

He's going around now saying the silver lining is that it wasn't a conference loss. As somehow a loss to a MAC team is better than a mighty SEC team that he's helped build up in reputation/myth. :coco

Well, helped talk up, Arkansas has really done nothing itself to help build up the reputation, except give other SEC teams wins. :D

Urban did not have a heart problem. He had himself addicted to ambien. So no one is mocking his health. I mock him because of his own words. He lied to the school, you want to quit just quit.

Just have an ambulance ready in Columbus if Brian Kelly ever takes an NFL job.;)

Reactions: mccoyrj
Yes, he did. And hopefully he returned at full health.

It was all faked anyway. He knew the Tebow gravy train was over and the Gators were going to be very weak for a long long time. So he fled the SEC and took a job in a conference with only one decent team at the time where he could dominate it.

They shut him up?

He's going around now saying the silver lining is that it wasn't a conference loss. As somehow a loss to a MAC team is better than a mighty SEC team that he's helped build up in reputation/myth. :coco

Well, helped talk up, Arkansas has really done nothing itself to help build up the reputation, except give other SEC teams wins. :D
Kinda what I was thinking as well.

Amazing he never said anything about OSU schedule when he was at Wisconsin. :eeek

Urban did not have a heart problem. He had himself addicted to ambien. So no one is mocking his health. I mock him because of his own words. He lied to the school, you want to quit just quit.

Just have an ambulance ready in Columbus if Brian Kelly ever takes an NFL job.;)
Wow, this happened a few years back and was discussed forever and this is the 1st time I have heard that he was on ambien.

Rafael Palmeiro

NFL games in China? It could happen by 2018, according to report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)