2015 NCAA football discussion thread

you better check again...from that link

Rose Bowl Game Presented by Northwestern Mutual:
Stanford vs. Iowa
Pasadena, California | Rose Bowl
5 p.m. on ESPN

well then espn better make their minds up then because the video slates all show ABC and the online guides are showing ABC

2015-12-06.png

The Rose Bowl has ALWAYS been on ABC as far as I can remember.
Then again, ESPN and ABC are one in the same, so ya never know whats coming up this year.

There are many times that the Buckeyes are listed as being on ESPN/ABC, making it difficult to know what to record till the morning of when the guide is corrected.

I have actually called the local ABC network and asked several days out and they have told me that they don't know till later in the week.
I think thats ridiculous, but it is what it is.

The Rose Bowl has ALWAYS been on ABC as far as I can remember..
your memory must be bad. ESPN has had it since 2010

From 1989 to 2010, the game was broadcast on ABC, usually at 2 p.m. PST; the 2005 Rose Bowl was the first one broadcast in HDTV. Though, beginning in 2007, FOX had the broadcast rights to the other Bowl Championship Series games, the Rose Bowl, which negotiates its own television contract independent of the BCS, had agreed to keep the game on ABC.

Beginning with the 2010 season, ESPN (majority-owned by ABC's parent company, The Walt Disney Company) now broadcasts all the BCS games, including the Rose Bowl game.[31][32] The game is also broadcast nationally by ESPN Radio and by ESPN International for Latin America. In 2013 ESPN Deportes provided the first Spanish language telecast in the U.S. of the Rose Bowl Game.[33]

The Rose Bowl game contract with ESPN was extended on June 28, 2012, to 2026, for a reportedly $80 million per year.[34][35] Northwestern Mutual takes over as presenting sponsor beginning in 2015 and will continue until 2020.

your memory must be bad. ESPN has had it since 2010

From 1989 to 2010, the game was broadcast on ABC, usually at 2 p.m. PST; the 2005 Rose Bowl was the first one broadcast in HDTV. Though, beginning in 2007, FOX had the broadcast rights to the other Bowl Championship Series games, the Rose Bowl, which negotiates its own television contract independent of the BCS, had agreed to keep the game on ABC.

Beginning with the 2010 season, ESPN (majority-owned by ABC's parent company, The Walt Disney Company) now broadcasts all the BCS games, including the Rose Bowl game.[31][32] The game is also broadcast nationally by ESPN Radio and by ESPN International for Latin America. In 2013 ESPN Deportes provided the first Spanish language telecast in the U.S. of the Rose Bowl Game.[33]

The Rose Bowl game contract with ESPN was extended on June 28, 2012, to 2026, for a reportedly $80 million per year.[34][35] Northwestern Mutual takes over as presenting sponsor beginning in 2015 and will continue until 2020.
Oh thats right ...

I'm at the point that it really doesn't matter what channel it's on any more, as long as its a major channel people don't care (and the Picture Quality is above avg.)

Lower tier bowl games never really had any importance to them, so to me, it really does not matter if the teams that they put in are a notch below .500 or not. It is another game I can watch or have on for background noise.

12/31
Peach Bowl: Florida State vs. Houston 11:00 am ESPN / WatchESPN
Orange Bowl (DI-A Semifinal): Clemson vs. Oklahoma 3:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
Cotton Bowl (DI-A Semifinal): Alabama vs. Michigan State 7:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
1/1
Outback Bowl 11:00 am ESPN2 / WatchESPN
Citrus Bowl: Florida vs. Michigan 12:00 pm ABC / espn3
Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State 12:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
Rose Bowl: Iowa vs. Stanford 4:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss 7:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN

Rafael Palmeiro

NFL games in China? It could happen by 2018, according to report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)