2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Damn rivalry games. Everyone loves to tout them, regardless of rankings, you never know what will happen. Well, FSU fans get TWO every year.
Several teams do. We've got the Vols and the Barn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Didn't belong just like Boise St never did years back.

Top 5 monday to me would be Bama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington, OSU - Michigan and Washington to me just were wow tonight!
Interesting that Michigan winning 78-0 was a Wow, while the Buckeyes that won 58-0 the week earlier (and was inside the 10 yard line to score again when they ran the clock out) wasn't.

Lol what? I'm only saying what everyone else is saying. Read the latest ESPN write up - Houston has 0 room to move with nobody on their schedule aside from Louisville that stood in their way and they over looked a Navy team.
I don't over hype anyone... and the times they fell flat I still pulled for them even went to bowl games at 6-6 - give me a break!

Ohh I must be a fool then cause well Houston isn't legit.

I was pulling for Miami last night too - was hoping they would be undefeated in their game in Blacksburg but that hope is gone and that may hurt VT in the long run.

They have outscored 3 very good teams 137-20... hell they held that high flying offense of UNC to only 131 yards, got Trubisky out of the Heisman talks finally.
Lol ....

Miami was hoping that Va Tech would be undefeated when they played as well ....

Houston would beat Va Tech by at least 14 points if they played next week.

Interesting that Michigan winning 78-0 was a Wow, while the Buckeyes that won 58-0 the week earlier (and was inside the 10 yard line to score again when they ran the clock out) wasn't.
Lol ....

Miami was hoping that Va Tech would be undefeated when they played as well ....

Houston would beat Va Tech by at least 14 points if they played next week.

78-0 and the way they played was warranted a wow vs OSU - no hiding it I don't like OSU hope they lose every game :D

As for the Houston vs VT comment - your just trolling for a response.
But I'll leave ya with these stats and you tell me if Houstons are better.
XS59SSv.jpg

78-0 and the way they played was warranted a wow vs OSU - no hiding it I don't like OSU hope they lose every game :D

As for the Houston vs VT comment - your just trolling for a response.
But I'll leave ya with these stats and you tell me if Houstons are better.
XS59SSv.jpg
I'll take Houston ...
Maybe your team will end up with a bowl game and play Houston, then you would see that Houston is actually a very good team ...
btw, like I said, they'd be a 10-14 point pick at the moment.

Of course it would ...

Boise State never belonged, but they kept beating the Big Boys .... Hmmm.
They committed the cardinal sin, they beat VPI in a game that DVR paid a lot of money to go to. Therefore they don't belong anywhere and should be banished from footballland. ;)

Hell, Boise St. beat Georgia, and Georgia fans still admitted the Broncos were better, while calling for the Defensive Coordinator's (Martinez at the time) head.

Again, y'all committed the cardinal sine, you beat VPI when DVR paid a lot of money to go to the game. ;)

AP Polls are out.
I still think Michigan should have been #2
Nice to see VT's jump to #17 - just keep on creeping up there to a sneaky ACC title game.

GREAT Game between FSU and Miami... like it use to be. What was bizarre how deep Miami dropped. Though I truly don't think they should have been top 10, but HOW do you drop 6 spots to a rival that has beaten you 7 straight times now and been a national power, but jump 5 spots beating and a not so great GT on the road... weird.

You give up a little now for the better later. You don't have that extra game (for the winner) and it may hurt your chances at the end which gives a ton more cash and end results like recruiting etc.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lsu-ad...-rescheduled-game-with-florida-224534024.html

“What I said the other day about this game being very difficult to reschedule is still true,” Alleva said. “One thing we’re going to hold very firm on is that we have a home game on Nov. 19 and we’re going to have a home game on Nov. 19. We are going to have a game on Nov. 19. We are not going to change that situation.”

Per The Advocate, LSU brings in “more than $3 million” for a home game, with “more than $10 million” in revenue benefiting the greater Baton Rouge community — a region hit hard by flooding earlier in the year. On top of that, a $1.5 million buyout would have to be paid to South Alabama to cancel the game.

Its not "a little" to give up, and this shows why I said LSU would not agree to it previously. It would cost LSU and Baton Rouge almost $15 million to cancel that home game.

Now that that option is off the table, talks are pushing the fla/Georgia game to a different week (up to the 22nd) and having LSU/Fla play on the 29th, but LSU is balking at that because they and Bama both have that date open before their game.

If that doesnt work, the only other real option is to look at pushing the champ game back, which is unlikely.

I really look for it to not be played, which is obviously not ideal.

Now that that option is off the table, talks are pushing the fla/Georgia game to a different week (up to the 22nd) and having LSU/Fla play on the 29th, but LSU is balking at that because they and Bama both have that date open before their game.
Jacksonville has a home game on the 23rd. Can the stadium handle both their game and the cocktail party on the same weekend?

Also, Georgia is against the move, as they'd lose the bye week before playing Florida, who is one of the few decent teams left on their schedule. And the university has already scheduled the day before the Cocktail Party as a "Fall Break" in order to allows students to drive to the game.

As it is, neither teams wants to play the game and risk a loss. If Florida loses to LSU, it means Tenn owns the tie breaker when they lose to Alabama. Without playing the game, Florida can win the rest of it's games and take the East.
Same thing for LSU, beat Alabama and they win the West, but if they lose to Florida they would have 2 loses, and then it doesn't matter if they beat Alabama.
They will both continue to look for ways to not play this game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lsu-ad...-rescheduled-game-with-florida-224534024.html

Its not "a little" to give up, and this shows why I said LSU would not agree to it previously. It would cost LSU and Baton Rouge almost $15 million to cancel that home game.

If that doesnt work, the only other real option is to look at pushing the champ game back, which is unlikely.

I really look for it to not be played, which is obviously not ideal.
That game has to be played ...
For someone to balk about playing it on an open date because they have a week off before Bama is ridiculous.

If they have an open date, that should be when it should be played.

NASCAR 2016 season

Possible MLB Rule Change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)