2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Sounds like rules need to change then.... you lose too much experience when you allow them to go that early.
The tell the school to not redshirt them.

The NFL's rule does not take redshirting in consideration, nor should it. It's a rule for the NFL, not NCAA. And it's does because they don't want growing kids, and instead want 21 yr. old men who've stopped growing and packed on musles.

More importantly, after 3 years, a player knows if they're going to finish school or not, a decent student would only have a year left. To force them to stay there after that point is pointless.

Sounds like rules need to change then.... you lose too much experience when you allow them to go that early.
The schools aren't allowing them to do anything. It's an NFL rule, not NCAA. Colleges have no power to make people stay in school. The NFL made the rule to avoid having a bunch of unproven kids flooding the draft.

I am happy that bama is back in the title game, but I HATE these monday night kickoffs. Id prefer a blowout either way so I can crash at halftime.
same here.

They really should have set the game for Friday night. There's no High School or NFL going on, just put it there if they don't want a Saturday game.

Reactions: Jimbo
Good read...

38 Days: How Alabama Pulled Off The Great Heist of Nick Saban
A transcript of the proceedings might read like an FBI case file. Helicopters swarming. Reporters emerging from shadowy streets. Intermediaries. Rumored meetings. Faux search committees.

By the end of the odyssey, the hiring of Nick Saban at Alabama would require a private plane, a limousine company, and a driver named Francisco. Secret meetings would be held in Tuscaloosa, New York, Fort Lauderdale and a laundry room. But what happened across the 38 days between the firing of Mike Shula and the hiring of Nick Saban would prove to be the fulcrum on which Alabama football swung. “It was one bizarre event after another,” Steve Townsend, a retired special assistant to Mal Moore, recalled during a series of interviews with Saturday Down South.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...=SEC_Fans&mc_cid=c176b2df4b&mc_eid=b15850b1fd

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronnie-
Watson running scared early on. Seems the Heisman Trophy runner-up isn't that outstanding against your better than average defense. Then again, neither was the Heisman Trophy winner. ;)

Great defense vs Great defense
Mediocre offense vs Better offense

I laughed all week when the pundits made on like Kiffin mailed it in and that is why Alabama's offense looked like crap against Washington. It was a pure fact that if Alabama did not have the defense they have, they would not have even been in the playoff. Their D is legit, offense isn't even close, but you are dealing with a true freshman qb and a rb that can't stay healthy. None of that has anything to do with Kiffin or Sark.

To be honest, Clemson had Bama on their heels last year if it wasn't for the trick plays.

Im just glad Bama doesnt get to break FSU's 29-0 run for this decade ;)

Already have my 4 tickets with FSU for the opener in Atlanta, cant wait.

Reactions: Derwin0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts