2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

Yes, the explanation was they didn't want to play both a Pac 12 team and an SEC team. Funny how Georgia has no problem playing more than 1 P5 team every year.
Really ?
They played App St and Samford and ND in their OOC games this year ... that's Samford, not Stanford.

A major conference team is always going to be considered a better game than a non-major conference team. There are a decent amount of years where Iowa was playing two P5 teams in their out of conference schedule. Most people never thought much of it because one of those teams was ISU but they are still a P5 team. Iowa can't help that they always sucked.

Rankings are so subjective, these are 18-22 year olds, except BYU :D who can beat better teams one week and lay an egg the next. I know some look at rankings with this awe like it's real but it's not. At least now we have somewhat of a playoff system where the mythical champion is no more and some of the 4 best teams get a chance to prove who's really #1.

Wow at the games today.

I am reluctant to say it after last week, but Ohio State is getting handled so far.

Doesn't surprise me at all. These teams are all to close in ability, it's not the way it was 20 years ago when only a few teams had superstars. These are 18-22 year olds with good athletes on both sides so it only takes a bad day to get your butt handed to you.

NASCAR 2017

MLB 2017 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)