222k receiver and connecting to wireless broadband?

pauly814

Dec 11, 2008
I just got this receiver installed but the installer did not connect it to my wireless network. I dont have a RJ45 network cable near by so I thought they could connect to my wireless system.

Is this a special optional feature? When looking at the menu, wireless is greyed out.

Don't bother to hook it up to broadband, there is NO advantage to doing so and does not give you any additional features just plug a phone line in to it.

Do you know if you had a subcontractor out there? Most internal techs should have had one or two different ways to get you connected to broadband. As an installer I hate to say it, but you can call into dish and tell them you wanted your connectivity hooked up. Since you just had someone there the service call would be free.

wireless is greyed out.

The wireless is grayed out because there is a wireless adapter you can get through Dish, it plugs into the USB port on the back of the receiver activating the option in the menu. I know these are hard to come by. We had a few in our shop, but have been out for a while and I don't see a real fast restock. I think they are in short supply nation wide. You could also use a SlingLink. It plugs into your router and sends internet through your electrical lines. Call Dish and explain the situation, they may just send you one.

Get a pair of sling links one by the router then the other by the receiver but no surge protectors in between. Have them shipped to you from dish along with the wireless link and while you are at trade that receiver for a 722 and ask them to waive the external hard drive fee. I did and to my suprise they waived it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts