30.0 W. on a 30" Winegard ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigzzz

Original poster
May 12, 2005
NE Michigan
Hello Everybody,

My objective is to recieve 30.0 W. (FTA, Cubavision) on a fixed dish.

I live in N.E. Michigan, my zip code is 49753.

I am looking at purchasing a Winegard 76 cm. (30") dish.

My question:
Is this dish big enough to recieve Cubavision reliably?

FYI: I have a 1M. Motorized Winegard dish working good,
but I DO NOT have LOS at that location. (I have a tree in the way!)

Thanks for any Input or Suggestions.
Bigzzz

It's a pretty strong satellite. You are more East than me, You should be able to get the Cubavision and Fashion One TPs. There are some weaker TPs I doubt you will get.

I have that 30" Winegard dish you're talking about, and I get 50 some TV channels on 30W. The Cuban channels come in just fine here in Ohio.

did you need one 36 inch dish .I have the 30 west in toronto Canada 36 inch the best for hispansat.Michigan meybe 33 inch butt the best 36 inch.i have all the channels for america on the hispansat quality 78 lower to 91 max in toronto on the 30 inch maybe ok for same channels butt not all channels .The cuban channel no problem butt about the argentina ones and uruguay

Last edited:
I'm in the Chicago area and get 30w just fine on my 76cm Winegard.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Inpiration needed? check this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/247626-problems-30west.html
I also think it will work. SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprint Hispasat 1C (DFS 3) / Hispasat 1D / Hispasat 1E / XTAR-LANT (Spainsat 1)
Been meaning to put a CM .7(30 inch) at 30W to compare with my 1.2m that's been there for a while now.

For starters you'll lose Canal LuzHD (12076V 4000SR, 8PSK DVB-S2) which is barely receivable on a 36" dish.

I have the 12076v 4000 8psk dvbs2 on the vantage vt1 and 1100 hd no problem quality 84 on the azbox same times missing the signal and pilot on and off working the same on the azbox on the vantage I don,t no the pilot are automatic only need to put 8psk s2

I have used the Winegard DS-2076 dish on a motor and pulled in Hispasat @ 30W fine. I am near Omaha, NE so I am getting further out west and still able to receive it reliably. I am not too certain of the total number of channels which were logged in, but 52 TV chs sounds about right.

Obviously, my dish elevation is quite low, but I have (correction: used to have before I moved) a perfect LOS.
The Cubavision TP came booming in somewhere in the mid 80% signal quality range.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)