Win a 2 LNB Add On Bracket Bundle for Ku Dish w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch!

Hyper Casey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 1, 2010
Mi
Contest! Win a 2 LNB Add On Bracket Bundle for Ku Dish w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch!

I have been thinking a lot about those folks who only have a fixed 90cm or 1.2M Ku Band FTA dish who are pointed at only one satellite. Ku Band doesnt get much love, but there are worthwhile channels for sure. Problem is they are spread around, and H-H Motors are hard to find. With the right equipment that one fixed dish can be receiving 2, 3 or even more satellites for more FTA channels. For instance, many , many folks are pointed at Galaxy 97.0 Ku for the international channels. Add a 2nd LNB to the dish and get another satellite like SES 3 103.0W (or now 101.0W) and get Loop TV, Cozi TV, NHK, NBC Feeds plus other TV channels and over 80 Radio channels! And that is just one example. Another example Eutelast 117W and 123W. Plus there are other combinations depending on what you like to watch.

So anyways, i put together a new "Bundle" at HyperMegaSat.com where you can get the stuff you need for this project including the 2 LNB Add On Bracket, w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch all at a really great price. This will allow you to add a 2nd LNBF to your existing dish, with the capacity to add a 3rd, and a DiSEqC switch to make it all work.

And now, we are going to give one away here at Satellite Guys to a lucky member!

BrktLNBBundle.jpg

Here is how you can try to win this Bundle Kit.

All you have to do is post here in this thread.

You can enter up to 3 times total, or just enter once, up to you. Enter all 3 in a row, or spread them out. Just dont enter more than 3 times or you will be disqualified.

Entry #1 - Just simply post something saying you want in on the contest

Entry #2 - Tell us about your first Ku Band dish, such as when you got it, why you got it, what was your first signal you pointed at etc..

Entry #3 - Tell us about your plans for this Bundle Kit. What dish you may try it on, what sat combinations you will go after, etc..

That is it. We will run this contest for 7 days, ending on 07/08/23 - Contest Extended - Ends Thursday 07/15/23

After that we will pick one entry using a random drawing

The winner will receive the Bundle Kit free of charge anywhere in the USA.

If the winner is in Canada or anywhere else, you will need to cover the ship costs.

And just in case you do not win, you can still get the Bundle Kit at a GREAT price at HyperMegaSat.com here:

Good luck everyone!

:happydance

Last edited:
I've never had a ku dish setup. But... I have an old primestar dish and another small dish that I hope to test soon. Mainly interested in 34W for the wife.

I've had one pole up for over a month, but haven't gotten around to mounting a dish yet. Yard work keeps getting in the way.

Cement should be well cured by now. lol

First dish was a no name Ku band dish three years ago, then added a GeoSat Pro dish with a motor. Primary use is NHK @103 on a fixed dish and KBS 123 with the motorized dish.

What would I do with a bundle? Could 87/99 work? Perhaps 103/123? Depends on what pairs can work off one dish. Would simplify switching by eliminating motor drive time. Examples of successful installations would help, since optimizing for one satellite alone is often a challenge.

I have 2 dishes I'm in the process of trying to set up for multiple positions, this would be quite handy.

My first dish, which I still have, was a Globecast 75cm elliptical.I didn't know how to aim a dish then and it was really frustrating, but I kept at it, and got help from the community here. When the receiver started showing a blip and I got close, it was really exciting to know that I found the signal. I get that rush again every time.

The setup was designed for 97W, and this would have been around 2012, and what was on 97W at the time isn't a lot different from now.

Eventually I motorized that dish, and then added a fixed dish for 30W, and then it kind of grew...

Reactions: c-spand and FTA4PA
At my current abode, I have a Wife Acceptance Factor to consider, so that means minimal equipment. Unfortunately, we were hit by hail a few weeks ago, and I'm waiting for an insurance adjuster. If we're getting a new roof, that means that there will be no satellite signals for a bit, BUT, I can add a couple of CommDecks with the new roof and maximize what little sky-friendly space I'll have. I have a 90cm with a Geosatpro 99/103 kit, and if I can add the bracket, perhaps I can hit either 87 for LPB or go further west. Lyngsat suggests that CKUA, Alberta radio on 111, might be worth listening to and I do enjoy the radio signals more than the TV.

Hyper Casey, thanks for the promotion! (I'm a past, satisfied customer of yours.)

Reactions: c-spand and FTA4PA
My first Ku Band dish setup wasn't with an actual ku dish, but an older hughesnet dish with a geosatpro SL1PLL lnb. Not the best, but I had loads fun with it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Count me in;
My first dish, a 10' C/KU BUD put up back in 1987. Those were the days if you were a news feed junkie. I remember the SF riots, the big earthquake and the fires. The Waco coverage and not to forget Greensheet and Gary with Friday night live.

I want in on the contest please. My first set up was a Manhatten RC 1978 that came with a 33 inch dish. Purchased on Amazon at the time. Found 97 west and was floored that it worked and searched for as much as I could find with that dish. Would be great to add 99 west to 101 west on my 1.2 geosat dish. Thank you for putting on this contest.

Contest! Win a 2 LNB Add On Bracket Bundle for Ku Dish w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch!

I have been thinking a lot about those folks who only have a fixed 90cm or 1.2M Ku Band FTA dish who are pointed at only one satellite. Ku Band doesnt get much love, but there are worthwhile channels for sure. Problem is they are spread around, and H-H Motors are hard to find. With the right equipment that one fixed dish can be receiving 2, 3 or even more satellites for more FTA channels. For instance, many , many folks are pointed at Galaxy 97.0 Ku for the international channels. Add a 2nd LNB to the dish and get another satellite like SES 3 103.0W (or now 101.0W) and get Loop TV, Cozi TV, NHK, NBC Feeds plus other TV channels and over 80 Radio channels! And that is just one example. Another example Eutelast 117W and 123W. Plus there are other combinations depending on what you like to watch.

So anyways, i put together a new "Bundle" at HyperMegaSat.com where you can get the stuff you need for this project including the 2 LNB Add On Bracket, w/Amiko LNB and Pansat 4x1 DiSEqC Switch all at a really great price. This will allow you to add a 2nd LNBF to your existing dish, with the capacity to add a 3rd, and a DiSEqC switch to make it all work.

And now, we are going to give one away here at Satellite Guys to a lucky member!

View attachment 163248

You can enter up to 3 times total, or just enter once, up to you. Enter all 3 in a row, or spread them out. Just dont enter more than 3 times or you will be disqualified.

Entry #2 - Tell us about your first Ku Band dish, such as when you got it, why you got it, what was your first signal you pointed at etc..

Entry #3 - Tell us about your plans for this Bundle Kit. What dish you may try it on, what sat combinations you will go after, etc..

That is it. We will run this contest for 7 days, ending on 07/08/23.

If the winner is in Canada or anywhere else, you will need to cover the ship costs.

And just in case you do not win, you can still get the Bundle Kit at a GREAT price at HyperMegaSat.com here:

Good luck everyone!

I would love to win the bundle, cause I am ready for a new challenge.

View attachment 163248

Good luck everyone!

I got my supposedly 39 inch ku band dish from ebay that arrived bent up and warped. It took forever to get a signal out of it after trying to repair it. I now have it aimed at 103w and get a few FTA stations. I was getting PBS Montana on 95 but it just disappeared. would like to have both with one dish if I could.

I would like to enter also. If I can remember back far enough, I think a 1 meter fortec was my first Ku Dish. I now run a 10 foot perforated Unimesh with a ortho feed and a fixed 1.2 Andrews with the factory feed and two LNB's. It would be interesting seeing if I could get away with the LNBF's without sacrificing signal quality to receive both 103 and 99.

View attachment 163248

Good luck everyone!

I would like to enter this contest