30'' prodlin dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
How good is a 30'' commercial dish prodlin compared to other size dishes? I know 3' dish is good starting point what do you guys think?

87w KU would likely have the least amount of adjacent satellite interference from 89w on the active transponders. 97w would have trouble on at least one transponder. If you are watching the Christian programming on 11842, that is the most affected transponder affected by 95w adjacent satellite interference. 90cm reflectors even have to pan west of 97W to optimize this transponder.

My 30 inch Channel Master (the steerable 'pod') has Q 70 on 11842 @ 97°W, and no effect's seen on the video.
70 Q is typical on most TP's on 97 IIRR 11842 is the first lost during weather.
PBS @ 87 is 'hit and miss' as it's pretty weak. @ 30 to 50 (bouncing) Q today but weather will easily 'knock it off'. The news TP is solid @ 70. {Openbox S9, Titanium PLL ku LNBF}

The reason that 97w 11842 TP is the first to be lost during bad weather is that the signal to noise ratio is so reduced because of the adjacent satellite interference. Once the signal is attenuated, the noise reigns! :D

I would imagine that, being a commercial dish, the Prodelin would outperform stamped metal dishes of the same size. Would be interesting to compare performance between the Prodelin and a Winegard 2076.

Yeah, I agree, but don't have a 2076 near to use in a comparison. I've have the same feeling as, I believe, the commercial dishes would have been produced to a 'higher standard'. My little 30 inch Channel Master doesn't miss much of the 24/7 variety. But I am thinkin' the one meter may replace the pod. As some itinerants are 'unreachable'. Delegate the pod to fixed on 97.

I used a 30" dish for the 10 years I had FTA....no issues normally
Satmex5 (116) sucked but that was due to footprint

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)