30w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I picked up a lot on those satellites watched different shows it was neat had it up for the whole weekend. For KTV 1,2,3 got better quality with that satellite than with Galaxy 19 at 97w. The show Glee that I can't stand was on from Global Tv from Canada then mentalist was on from CTV. I figure out why they might carry Canadian TV networks down there. In Cuba they let Canadians come down to visit and to be tourists so maybe they make a trade off with them just a thought.

Dan Rose

Check the footprints of the Canadian satellites and you will see they reach Cuba. After seeing enough blacked out logos on the Cuban networks I would bet they record just about anything they can get FTA and just rebroadcast it with subtitles.

Congratulation!!! Dan Rose..I have tried it before with no results..This motivate to me to try again..
How many Tp's you are getting? How Many watchable Channels?
thanks in advance

Tank you. I got quite a bit of channels of hispasat. Cubavision, KTV 1,2,3, fashion channel all of the channels that are listed on all 3 satellites. I can only get the ones that are on over here in this spotbeam. I did not give up it took me several times to get it so keep trying.

Dan Rose

just noticed

I have the 105W DN superdish LNB and a 121W superdish lnb plus several old Directv and DN circular lnbs. Can I cut the circular feed horns off the DTV and DN lnbs would they work on the superdish DN linear lnb's. The one you have in the lower left in that pic I have that feed horn from a fiberglass superdish with its pencil lnb feed horn right next to it.
Yes, you sure do! I found an old thread by you, while out searching for something else.
DN dual stacked LNB's

Put that feed on a good LNB, and try it either on your SuperDish or your Slimline.
I'm pretty sure it'll perform better than the little 121 feed you show in your current picture.

And if you scroll down in that thread above, you'll see I posted detailed drawings for TWO 121 dish/LNB/feed combinations.
One's the metal dish, the other is the fiberglass one (from two manufacturers).

Use that big horn and report back.
I'm thinking if you'd used it to start with, you'd be happily running on a SuperDish instead of a Slimline today. ;)

anole the reason why I don't run a superdish is if the management see's that i changed my dish either I would have to get rid of my dish altogether or never get "directv back again". the people here outlawed satellite dishes i got to keep mine but if I change it in any way that is noticeable they will say something. Also look at the new avatar in the corner for me skunkworks.

Dan Rose

I see.

Say, how can they outlaw sat dishes in a non-historical neighborhood?
Doesn't Federal law say you can have a 1 meter dish?
That trumps all state & local ordinances.

Our housing authority has a board that says they can outlaw satellite dishes and put in there lease I came real close to losing my satellite dish because of others damaging their buildings. My setup sets an example of how you should have it setup at the apartments plus I went by the otard rules. They didn't care about the OTARD rules they made their own rules the housing authority did before i got on the board. Thats why I have the avatar in the corner.

Dan Rose

I hate seeing a bunch of local yokels think they are above federal law.
If I was within 100 miles, I'd be right over with my lawyer and give 'em a lesson in civic pride!
They are clearly in violation.

Is this something new?
I'd think the local DishNet and DirecTV offices would have taken 'em to task already.

(hire your own attorney when seeking legal advice, & take along a copy of OTARD)

We don't have the money to get a lawyer and we don't want to lose are home. we have lived there for almost 18 years. the local satellite companies won't help at all basically i have an uphill battle. the SBCA on here i talk to they say i don't have a leg to stand on because i don't have it on the back porch. the porch faces north east only one i could get is 30 w thats it. I wish you could show up here that would be nice. Is there anyway they can block HAM radio antennas. the ban also includes antennas. But tenants can receive cable at there discretion. Mediacom comes in here all the time hooking up there cable. Residents ask me why we can have a choice. I tell them it stinks.

Dan Rose

Also Mediacom receives there info from satellite dishes on hoosier hill so in away they are breaking there own rules.

Dan Rose

We don't have the money to get a lawyer and we don't want to lose are home. we have lived there for almost 18 years. the local satellite companies won't help at all basically i have an uphill battle. the SBCA on here i talk to they say i don't have a leg to stand on because i don't have it on the back porch. the porch faces north east only one i could get is 30 w thats it. I wish you could show up here that would be nice. Is there anyway they can block HAM radio antennas. the ban also includes antennas. But tenants can receive cable at there discretion. Mediacom comes in here all the time hooking up there cable. Residents ask me why we can have a choice. I tell them it stinks.

Dan Rose

As someone who has lived in apartment complexes in north east Indiana I totally understand your situation. There are places in Fort Wayne where you are forced to get internet and TV from the apartment complex. :mad: I lived in a complex where any outdoor antennas were banned and grounds for eviction. The person who ran this place was known for questionable eviction practices so you didn't even attempt it. I didn't get into FTA until I moved but if I was still there I would have filled my patio with dishes and went to battle with the manager. I probably would have won but my lease renewal would likely be denied.

Your situation is a little different because you are in public housing but they still should have to play by the rules. If the dish is in your controlled space and not a common area then there is really not much they can do about it.

It makes me mad I have the right to choose who is my provider not someone else.

Dan Rose

all super dish lnbs have a linear FSS on it. it can be used just put the super dish lnb under neath the arm like the one in the pic. the ones that say DBS on it you don't need. Remember the super dish lnb's are dual stacked that means you have to just scan the vertical transponders. also you can use a 2 way splitter on that type of lnb and run it to 2 different receivers. I came with my mortar tube when I was in welding class.

Dan Rose

Note from Scott...

Boris,

Please only post in English as the Russian letters cause server issues. Thanks!
Cuba3.jpg44.jpg30w-1C-Indiana.jpg30w-1D-indiana.jpg30w-1E-Indiana.jpg30w-Minsk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes- danristheman-, you know better ...
========================
Good morning Scott Greczkowski . Well, and this message is my translator ustroit.=arranbe=.Vopros -Guestion-exact your mailing address ...???-SatelliteGuys.US46 Miami AvenueNewington, CT 06111 .
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)