3d Not working.

I swapped out my China no-name 5 port HDMI switch for a Blue Jeans Cable 5 port HDMI switch I bought off of Amazon about a month ago, and just didn't switch it earlier.

NOW, the HDMI test on the Vip722k properly detects my monitors HDCP keys as valid, and everything passes the test perfectly. So, MY issue was the China switch didn't pass the signal 100%. That could also be an issue for others if they have a switch like this in-line, and are having a problem where it should work.
Blue Jeans' switch isn't made in China? Most of their cable is.

My UNIVAC is having trouble browsing SatelliteGuys.US. SCOTT FIX IT PLS!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Blue Jeans' switch isn't made in China? Most of their cable is.

Maybe it is, who knows, but the point here is it passes the entire proper HDMI signal, unlike my previous no-name Chinese HDMI switch box. Without passing the entire signal unchanged, it can affect problems on encrypted signals including causing the signal to black-out the tuner. So, people could blame the receiver or broadcast, when it really might be a switch box or particular HDMI cable causing the issue.

Maybe it is, who knows, but the point here is it passes the entire proper HDMI signal, unlike my previous no-name Chinese HDMI switch box. Without passing the entire signal unchanged, it can affect problems on encrypted signals including causing the signal to black-out the tuner. So, people could blame the receiver or broadcast, when it really might be a switch box or particular HDMI cable causing the issue.
Could this troll OP actually come to good use? I tried using an HDMI switch (Ultra High Performance 3x1 HDMI switch) that didn't do anything with the 722k in or not. Couldn't pass through a signal, maybe a dud. One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be several companies that are selling a very similarly looking device. I'm trying the Kinivo switch next.

I tried to reboot my Android tablet by flipping it over and shaking it. Any ideas why that doesn't work?

I tried ordering a 3d movie but got the message "Your display is not compatible with this event".

HUH? I know I don't have a 3DTV, but what about the anaglyph (red cyan) video format? You can use that with all TV's.

In case you're not getting the hints, I'm going to try and make it clear to you. Stop putting up stupid ass threads on this site! Thank you!:rant:

I have a Hopper/w Sling connected to a Denon receiver via HDMI which is then connected to a Samsung UN60F8000BFXZA 3D tv via HDMI. I tried ordering a 3d movie but got the message "Your display is not compatible with this event". Not sure why this occurred as this one of the high end Samsung TV's so I'm guessing the problem is with the Denon receiver (the receiver is about 3 years old I don't remember the model number). So I ended up watching the movie in 1080p with no issues with the same setup. Anyone else have a problem with a similar set up?

You might try to go HDMI directly from the Hopper to the Samsung and see if that fixes it... It will prove or disprove the Denon theory...

Found the answer, the Denon AVR-790 uses HDMI 1.3 which cannot pass the full 1080p that 3D needs. But I was able to watch 1080p pay per view movie but I guess it must have less data to push through than a 3D movie. Guess this means another stop at Best Buy.

And what do you plan to get at Best Buy? I wouldn't spend money on a new AVR. 3D is basically a dead end for the home consumer. ESPN dropped their 3D channel. Even the 3D thread here died a long time ago.

In any event, it wouldn't make sense to get ANY new AVR until it's HDMI 2.0 capable. Not much longer now.

But if buying new, now, why not wait for the future proofing that HDMI 2.0 brings? Heck, for the better color space support alone I'd wait.

BTW, when I clicked your link all I got was: "No Information Found!"

But if buying new, now, why not wait for the future proofing that HDMI 2.0 brings? Heck, for the better color space support alone I'd wait.

BTW, when I clicked your link all I got was: "No Information Found!"

That's why I changed it to just show the model number. Funny, I could plug the URL directly in and it worked but would not work in the message...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts