Dish Anywhere FireStick and iPhone Not Working

My father smoked 3-4 packs a day. Had a habit of putting out cigs in every ashtray in the house, every day. He’d spit up into them too- disgusting stuff that hardened and didn’t simply wash out.

My mother had a plan to make sure I never smoked. Guess who’s job it was to clean out those ashtrays…
That'd do it! I have an old air force buddy that I am still in contact with after these 60 something years that found a great way to quit while we were rooming in a barracks in Roswell, NM. He ate a cigarette. I don't mean put loose tobacco in his mouth. I mean he actually chewed and swallowed it. He was sick for days. Hasn't touch a smoke since.

It hasn't been added to their scripts
And training, frankly, is non existant. That's a pet peeve of mine. I'm technically 'trained' on this.. but furk if I know what to do half the time as there are a bazillion different ways to install things, and no one seems to have the same setup. Or like you have set things up that work for you, but I on my end don't have a proper starting point.

I'm winging it half the time, but I'm honest and always tell the customer that "were going to learn this together".

My father smoked 3-4 packs a day. Had a habit of putting out cigs in every ashtray in the house, every day. He’d spit up into them too- disgusting stuff that hardened and didn’t simply wash out.

My mother had a plan to make sure I never smoked. Guess who’s job it was to clean out those ashtrays…
We buried my mom in 2012 due to lung cancer from smoking.

Please keep at it, and if you have a lapse, just keep going. Take care of yourself!!

Mom's know all the tricks, and how and when to use tough love and let's not forget well placed guilt. LOL

Reactions: charlesrshell
And training, frankly, is non existant. That's a pet peeve of mine. I'm technically 'trained' on this.. but furk if I know what to do half the time as there are a bazillion different ways to install things, and no one seems to have the same setup. Or like you have set things up that work for you, but I on my end don't have a proper starting point.

I'm winging it half the time, but I'm honest and always tell the customer that "were going to learn this together".
I'll happily accept honesty any day of the week, it's when I'm confronted with total BS or those who won't admit they don't know what I am speaking of or what the answer is and just try to blow me off that infuriates me to no end. My tolerance level for BS is low and for stupid even lower. One of my favorite T-shirts reads as follows

Stupid people are like Glow Sticks
I just want to snap them
Then shake the sh*t out of them
Until the light comes on.

LOL

I'll happily accept honesty any day of the week, it's when I'm confronted with total BS or those who won't admit they don't know what I am speaking of or what the answer is and just try to blow me off that infuriates me to no end. My tolerance level for BS is low and for stupid even lower. One of my favorite T-shirts reads as follows

Stupid people are like Glow Sticks
I just want to snap them
Then shake the sh*t out of them
Until the light comes on.

LOL
More customers seem to be willing to work with me when I'm straight up honest, rather than just reading from a script. I personally despise calling any company and it's obvious that all they're doing is reading from one.

I mean, if you don't know or aren't trained on a particular issue, just tell me. I'm not gonna go postal on you or scream like an idiot.

I do go "off script" and 'skip steps in a flow', or just say..."Welp, sir/ma'am, I don't know what's going on... but let's figure this out together" quite often as... let's be real. we have some weird crap going on right now that doesn't fit any one category. Lol

If it's something I can't fix over the phone..I tell them as plainly as I can. BUT...I will do everything I can to find a way to fix the weird sh*t, or make sure they get a tech visit without jerking then around for an hour.

Cause again, I personally hate it when it happens to me.

More customers seem to be willing to work with me when I'm straight up honest, rather than just reading from a script. I personally despise calling any company and it's obvious that all they're doing is reading from one.

I mean, if you don't know or aren't trained on a particular issue, just tell me. I'm not gonna go postal on you or scream like an idiot.

I do go "off script" and 'skip steps in a flow', or just say..."Welp, sir/ma'am, I don't know what's going on... but let's figure this out together" quite often as... let's be real. we have some weird crap going on right now that doesn't fit any one category. Lol

If it's something I can't fix over the phone..I tell them as plainly as I can. BUT...I will do everything I can to find a way to fix the weird sh*t, or make sure they get a tech visit without jerking then around for an hour.

Cause again, I personally hate it when it happens to me.

If only all support reps did that or if companies realized they'd have more satisfied customers if they encouraged their support people to do so.

Update to the DishAnywhere Saga. It's now been Just over 3 weeks since the original problem was reported. First support person starts their script. Are you sure you are using the right credentials, ok is your internet good speed. Well I don't know define good speed and are you talking to the hopper or to my phone? That threw her off. Ok let's try uninstall the app. Now reinstall. I've done this before but ok I'll play along. Still not working. Ok then we should try resetting your phone. No I don't think so the issue is related to your app and your app alone. Everything else on the phone functions perfectly. Please hold

I'm going to transfer you to advanced support. Funny the last time I was told that I couldn't be transferred. So now I get another rep (once again not native English speaker). We now start the EXACT same script from the top pretty much verbatim as the first rep. At the point were she now wants me to reset my phone I loose my mind and go off on her. No swearing mind you but saying how this is BS that this issue has been going on for weeks and I've heard nothing back. Please transfer me to someone in a group that is familiar with DishAnywhere. I am advanced support there is no one above me. Really you are advanced support, because you have done absolutely nothing that the first support person didn't do. You know Dish support really use to be pretty darn good but anymore it's gone to total crap.

I am so sorry I understand. No I really don't think you do! I will write up a ticket and submit it. That was done weeks ago and I was told that I must follow up to see if it's been resolved. No you, Dish, should call and say we are still working on it or we think we found the problem could you please try it now. I understand your frustration. No you are saying those words but you do not understand my frustration. This would be like you take your car to the shop to be repaired and they tell you call us in a week to 10 days to see if we have fixed it yet. Would that be acceptable to you?

So needless to see DishAnywhere still is not working here for me and I'm no closer to a resolution than I was weeks ago.

Update to the DishAnywhere Saga. It's now been Just over 3 weeks since the original problem was reported. First support person starts their script. Are you sure you are using the right credentials, ok is your internet good speed. Well I don't know define good speed and are you talking to the hopper or to my phone? That threw her off. Ok let's try uninstall the app. Now reinstall. I've done this before but ok I'll play along. Still not working. Ok then we should try resetting your phone. No I don't think so the issue is related to your app and your app alone. Everything else on the phone functions perfectly. Please hold

I'm going to transfer you to advanced support. Funny the last time I was told that I couldn't be transferred. So now I get another rep (once again not native English speaker). We now start the EXACT same script from the top pretty much verbatim as the first rep. At the point were she now wants me to reset my phone I loose my mind and go off on her. No swearing mind you but saying how this is BS that this issue has been going on for weeks and I've heard nothing back. Please transfer me to someone in a group that is familiar with DishAnywhere. I am advanced support there is no one above me. Really you are advanced support, because you have done absolutely nothing that the first support person didn't do. You know Dish support really use to be pretty darn good but anymore it's gone to total crap.

I am so sorry I understand. No I really don't think you do! I will write up a ticket and submit it. That was done weeks ago and I was told that I must follow up to see if it's been resolved. No you, Dish, should call and say we are still working on it or we think we found the problem could you please try it now. I understand your frustration. No you are saying those words but you do not understand my frustration. This would be like you take your car to the shop to be repaired and they tell you call us in a week to 10 days to see if we have fixed it yet. Would that be acceptable to you?

So needless to see DishAnywhere still is not working here for me and I'm no closer to a resolution than I was weeks ago.
Maybe I can help - what kind of content are you trying to watch on DANY? Feel free to DM me your receiver ID and I'll take a look and see if I can identify any network errors being reported back to us (very rarely ever has anything to do with the network in your home and much more to do with how well the Hopper can handle it). Are you seeing any specific pop-ups with numbers in the top right corner or is it just constantly buffering/telling you your hopper is offline etc etc.

For total transparency there are channels that are streamed from your set top box that are just in general going to be worse quality because of a couple different issues we're working through on Hoppers (H3 specifically). Anything that has the "wave" icon is a OTT source from Sling and should work MUCH better - but still not to the same standard as Sling (Sling is really a pretty top notch service quality wise).

I'm not a DANY expert but I can get someone who is to look into your experience and try to understand what is happening. Thanks!

Replacing his H3 would accomplish nothing. At this time web streaming on DishAnywhere is not pausable nor can you skip forward or back. He is able to do those things on programs that come from his Hopper.

Sorry, not following. OP stated in his first few posts he gets errors and connection issues when trying to access anything. Could be a H3 issue. Seems to be the last thing left that hasn’t been done - replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, not following. OP stated in his first few posts he gets errors and connection issues when trying to access anything. Could be a H3 issue. Seems to be the last thing left that hasn’t been done - replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, you were posting regarding the OP’s issues. Your post immediately followed some posts from Bossmas4325 about the inability to pause live web streamed programming in DANY. These things can happen when we are having dual conversations. Sorry about that.