Dish Policy Question

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I have contacted Dish multiple times about getting a Coax cable ran to my Hopper 3 to connect to the OTA adapter from my Off Air Antenna.. Dish Keeps telling me that can't do that since I furnished my own Antenna.... They won't even give me a price.. soo what is the story on getting something like that done? I could run the coax myself but it's difficult for me to do that.. It's frustrating trying to get something done that is something they do everyday..

I have contacted Dish multiple times about getting a Coax cable ran to my Hopper 3 to connect to the OTA adapter from my Off Air Antenna.. Dish Keeps telling me that can't do that since I furnished my own Antenna.... They won't even give me a price.. soo what is the story on getting something like that done? I could run the coax myself but it's difficult for me to do that.. It's frustrating trying to get something done that is something they do everyday..
Call a local electrician.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Call a local electrician.
I forgot to mention that Dish installed the last coax that runs to the OTA adapter on the other Hopper 3.. As for a Electrician I have tried 1 or 2 of those and they quote 2 to 3 hundred to do since we are a ways into the country.

I forgot to mention that Dish installed the last coax that runs to the OTA adapter on the other Hopper 3.. As for a Electrician I have tried 1 or 2 of those and they quote 2 to 3 hundred to do since we are a ways into the country.
It is what it is. If you don't, or can't, do it yourself you need someone else to do it. Dish is not in the cable running business, so it is either you, an electrician, or maybe a young family member or friend.

Where are you located? Maybe someone here on SatGuys would do it for you. I'd be glad to if you're in my area and I don't have to go over 10' up.

Thanks for the info guys! I went ahead and got a family member to help me and we knocked it out today. thanks Again! Still curious though as to why Dish won't run a cable to their equipment. You will be using the Hopper 3 and Dish's OTA adapter.. again it's all Dish equipment.

Thanks for the info guys! I went ahead and got a family member to help me and we knocked it out today. thanks Again! Still curious though as to why Dish won't run a cable to their equipment. You will be using the Hopper 3 and Dish's OTA adapter.. again it's all Dish equipment.
Actually that adapter is your equipment, not theirs. Kind of like adding an EHD which plugs into your Hopper. Glad you got settled and are up and running.

Call and tell them you need to relocate your Hopper