Dish Remote Question!

The single diamond defaults to Apps which include Netflix, Youtube, etc. You can make changes to what launches on the diamond and double diamond buttons by pressing Home twice, press Remote Control, press either Diamond Button and you will get the multiple choices.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Which buttons are used depends on which providers are paying for them.
???? We never use YouTube but the choice is still there in the remote control's diamond settings. I am using a 54.0 remote to my Joey 4. Also, it is in my Hopper 3 Plus remote control.

Last edited:
When you press the diamond what does it show?
It was showing "YouTube" at one point, but now it shows a black screen! The options in the Setting (Remote Control) gives me the following options: Toggles Closed Captioning, Records Program, Stops Recording or Playback, Goes to Apps, Launches Netflix, Goes to On Demand, Launches Prime Video, Shows Parental Controls, Toggles Audio Description, Launches Game Finder, and Text Search. Does not give me the option for "Launches YouTube"! This is on my Hopper 3 Plus, the other 4 Joey's 4's do give me that option.

It was showing "YouTube" at one point, but now it shows a black screen! The options in the Setting (Remote Control) gives me the following options: Toggles Closed Captioning, Records Program, Stops Recording or Playback, Goes to Apps, Launches Netflix, Goes to On Demand, Launches Prime Video, Shows Parental Controls, Toggles Audio Description, Launches Game Finder, and Text Search. Does not give me the option for "Launches YouTube"! This is on my Hopper 3 Plus, the other 4 Joey's 4's do give me that option.
If you set it to Goes To Apps, do you see YouTube listed as one of the apps?

The single diamond defaults to Apps which include Netflix, Youtube, etc. You can make changes to what launches on the diamond and double diamond buttons by pressing Home twice, press Remote Control, press either Diamond Button and you will get the multiple choices.
Actually the single diamond default out of the box is Text Search. Yours must have gotten reset to Apps at some point.