3LNB vs- 5LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Troy67

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Has anyone done a size and weight comparison between the 3LNB and the 5LNB?

please post it if you have it

Thanks

GO STEELERS!!

Troy67 said:
Has anyone done a size and weight comparison between the 3LNB and the 5LNB?

please post it if you have it

Thanks

GO STEELERS!!
What do you really want to know? The AT9 is bigger than the Phase3 it also weighs more.:)

The At9 weighs much more than the AU2 and is smaller than Directway or the international dishes but not much smaller.

I bought one yesterday locally for $75.00 and it's a pretty heavy box, like 35 LBS.
And way bigger then the 18x20.

Now I gotta find some free time to install this baby up. :D

pro96 I'd love to see some new higher quality pics of the 5 LNB system if you have an opportunity. Post them up if you can.

Friday is the Day! I will post pictures of the install and the dish

Crossing my fingers that D* customer retention is telling me the truth about the install of the new 5LNB. They have said that it can be mounted on the side of my house, just like the 3LNB. I also asked about the waiver that some here have mentioned and I have been told that there is no waiver to sign.

I look forward to posting some pictures of a successfull install

Troy67 said:
Crossing my fingers that D* customer retention is telling me the truth about the install of the new 5LNB. They have said that it can be mounted on the side of my house, just like the 3LNB. I also asked about the waiver that some here have mentioned and I have been told that there is no waiver to sign.

I look forward to posting some pictures of a successfull install
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In my office the 5 lnb dish will only be mounted on the roof or pole. no eave mounts or siding mounts. line of sight has to be huge so a lot of people that have direct now will not get the new dish. And if your IRD isn't an H-20 from what I heard you will have to upgrade to it at a COST TO YOU-the customer!! somebody up there loves you!!!:devil:

User0101 said:
pro96 I'd love to see some new higher quality pics of the 5 LNB system if you have an opportunity. Post them up if you can.

Saturday I will be installing this baby of mine on a 3ft Tripod. Pictures will follow thereafter.

Logic 7 said:
How many wires need to go to the new dish?

newsposter said:

this thread can probably help you with a lot

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=47671

4?

Both LNBs united via 2 mini coax cables, like the ones i have attrached here. What most people don't know is that you don't need an external multi switch like alot of dealers try to sell along with the AT9. They say that is needed to have more then one receiver. Only if you plan to have more then 4 receivers, then you would need the 6x8 switch. Other than that, These 5-LNB dish has 4 outputs.

Attachments

• 5lnb_2 (1).JPG
    5lnb_2 (1).JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 5lnb_2.JPG
    5lnb_2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 173
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)