Well the switch I bought on ebay came in . It has ;
In LNBF A
In TV Antenna
In LNBF B

Out Receiver 1
Out Receiver 2
Out Receiver 3
Out Receiver 4

So , this is probably not the switch I thought it would be , but I can probably use it .

My guess is it combines all 3 of the " ins " and sends them to all 4 of the " outs " .

The next question is , how do I split out the sat signal from the antenna signal , at the receiver ? Use a sat splitter with DC power blocked on one port ? I seem to remember reading about a diplexer for something like this ?

Do I just set up LNBF A & LNBF B like a Diesqc switch in the receiver sat set-up menu ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
A simple diplexer will split the satellite and off air signals!

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
What you have their my friend is basically a 3x4 multiswitch, not a Diseqc switch

what this does is takes both feeds from a dual (and an antenna) and lets you run 4 receivers off it. It works for hooking 4 receivers to one satellite (like G10)

It wont work as a diseqc switch....The will work with a Diseqc switch, but not as one

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2004
Iceberg said:
What you have their my friend is basically a 3x4 multiswitch, not a Diseqc switch

what this does is takes both feeds from a dual (and an antenna) and lets you run 4 receivers off it. It works for hooking 4 receivers to one satellite (like G10)

It wont work as a diseqc switch....The will work with a Diseqc switch, but not as one

At the receiver end , , if I do not set it up like a Diesqc switch , then do I need a modified channel list , like a DPishPro ?

Modified ini files for the PCI DVB-S cards ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)