4/1/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 171 changes

Tomorrow's ALL CAPS headline: DISH PROUDLY PRESENT LOCAL NETWORK CHANNELS!

Does putting up new local hd across the nation count as national hd? :)

Is Charlie trying to destroy his Sub base?

Not sure how many HD viewers actually watch the dribble that's spewed on the Charlie Chat other than us, but I actually feel bad for Chuck if he falls flat on his face again.

One can only assume that total chaos is running in the halls of Dish Corporate.....
It is not only this flop in the endless book of screw-ups from Charlie... Dish is loosing subs left and right, and raising the prices like there is no tomorrow! The stock has been in a free fall for the last year, and while yes the economy is not that great, you can't expect customers to continue to pay more and more with no added value!

Hi guys,

I'm unfamiliar with how the uplink thing works. Could you clarify something for me??

I'm in Abilene, TX region, and I get my locals. Does this:

5173(15) - KXVA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 3 beam (NA)(Abilene, TX-FOX)

mean I am about to get my Fox affiliate in HD? I tried going to channel 5173 and it didn't recognize that channel, while channel 15 is still in SD. I also searched my address on Dishnetwork.com, and it didn't say anything about KXVA being HD. When can I expect it to be in HD?

...5173(15) - KXVA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 3 beam (NA)(Abilene, TX-FOX)...
Most likely, as in my case, the installer set me up with a dish pointing at 110, 119,129 and not the 61.5 location. You would need to get a new antenna to get this channel.

Hi guys,

I'm unfamiliar with how the uplink thing works. Could you clarify something for me??

I'm in Abilene, TX region, and I get my locals. Does this:

5173(15) - KXVA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 3 beam (NA)(Abilene, TX-FOX)

mean I am about to get my Fox affiliate in HD? I tried going to channel 5173 and it didn't recognize that channel, while channel 15 is still in SD. I also searched my address on Dishnetwork.com, and it didn't say anything about KXVA being HD. When can I expect it to be in HD?
The (NA) before the location indicates that the channel hasnt been turned on yet (Not Available). When the status changes to (A) Available it will be there for all to see (as long as you're pointed to 61.5).

Let me clarify. I live in the Louisville local area and eastern arc (61.5) wasn't an option at the time of insulation. I received the standard 110, 119, 129 setup and when they added my HD locals they were placed on the 61.5 location. My problem is the trees block this satellite location so no local HD love for me :(

This D* vs E* competition occurs only in the minds of the members of the various Forums.

Both D* and E* consider their competition to be cable.

When E* adds an HD Locals market, that means that on that day, they are in full competition with the local cable company.

The Viacom HD channels will be added as soon as Dish gets from Viacom, and then everyone will be whining about how little HD they have.

Maybe the legend could be moved up to the top so the new guys will know straight away.
Naw, we want to know the channel info faster, not have to scroll past the legend first! Let them muddle through it and learn like the rest of us did. :)

Most likely, as in my case, the installer set me up with a dish pointing at 110, 119,129 and not the 61.5 location. You would need to get a new antenna to get this channel.

No sir, I done have 61.5, 110, and 119.

The (NA) before the location indicates that the channel hasnt been turned on yet (Not Available). When the status changes to (A) Available it will be there for all to see (as long as you're pointed to 61.5).

Ah, so another words, its coming.

Thanks.

This D* vs E* competition occurs only in the minds of the members of the various Forums.

When E* adds an HD Locals market, that means that on that day, they are in full competition with the local cable company.

The Viacom HD channels will be added as soon as Dish gets from Viacom, and then everyone will be whining about how little HD they have.

Thats all fine but dont tell me on the Charlie Chat that these channels will be here by April 1st. All it does is make Dish look like a bunch of people who have no control over their own business and flat out lie to their Subs to hold them over for a little longer.....

My 13 year old could plan better than Chuck does.....
If they are not locked in DONT TELL ANYONE APRIL 1st(he's usually good at that)

(in the back of my mind I am telling myself, after this they will show up and Chuck will prove me wrong)

Thats all fine but dont tell me on the Charlie Chat that these channels will be here by April 1st. All it does is make Dish look like a bunch of people who have no control over their own business and flat out lie to their Subs to hold them over for a little longer.....

My 13 year old could plan better than Chuck does.....
If they are not locked in DONT TELL ANYONE APRIL 1st(he's usually good at that)

(in the back of my mind I am telling myself, after this they will show up and Chuck will prove me wrong)

Exactly. What a way to run a business.....but...we still have 2 hours left (5 on the West coast...or is Charlie thinking Hawaii time??) Is it going to happen??

The Viacom HD channels will be added as soon as Dish gets from Viacom, and then everyone will be whining about how little HD they have.[/QUO

same old story, dish sucks ,blah blah blah,, its been like this dish started, when i work there it was fox sports world , ect,,,,,, so true about the competition has always been cable not dtv.

Where do you normally see the legend when you are reading something?

Depends if the legend is on a map or on a list. A list such as the uplink reports, especially with varying lengths depending on what's being updated - at the top.

Would seem to settle a question before it's asked, don't you agree?