4/1/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 171 changes

Just spoke to a CSR, not that that means much, but he said there was no new HD coming out today and no news when it would be coming out. Also, just so you know, Roanoke has been "delayed" with no reasons given.

I actually went to the trouble of checking if D* had the Roanoke HD locals today, even though I hate that company worse than Comcast. They don't. Guess I'll stay with dish a while longer.

Why the hatred? I have Direct, but I don't hate Dish.

10 years ago lightening took out my Direct Receiver and they wanted to charge full retail to replace it. I cancelled the account instead. Two years later they were *still* billing me, even after I was told numerous times that the account would be closed and I wouldn't have to pay anything. It finally took a letter from my state's AG to get them to stop. Fast forward 9 years..... I get a collection letter from some collection agency that bought D*'s old accounts.... For 9 *years* worth of charges. Yeah, I'm a bit disgruntled.

The collection agency was very understanding, though, and *they* fixed the problem without me having to send in a dime.

So yeah, I have no love lost for D*

I just did some digging for you guys.... all the video streams for the new temp channels on 61.5 and 129 are probably showing slates due to their very small bandwidth being used. They have the encoders poised and ready to go but not feeding them content.

I just did some digging for you guys.... all the video streams for the new temp channels on 61.5 and 129 are probably showing slates due to their very small bandwidth being used. They have the encoders poised and ready to go but not feeding them content.

From what was reported several days ago, the holdup seems to be that Dish is not yet receiving all the channels in their uplink center.

An update on Dish's twitter from about an hour ago:

Dishnetwork: For those who’ve @ replied, DM’d or asked, as soon as we have an update for nat’l HD, we’ll let you know.

For some reason that doesn't sound very promising at all.

Dishnetwork: For those who’ve @ replied, DM’d or asked, as soon as we have an update for nat’l HD, we’ll let you know.

That's what they told me about the Roanoke/Lynchburg HD Locals, too.

Maybe I'm stupid but what's the point in this twitter stuff? It's like reading half of a conversation. Kind of like the myspace comment crap where you have to click back and forth on pages to read both sides. The comments on there seem like some 12 yr old kid is writing on the page.

Maybe I'm stupid but what's the point in this twitter stuff? It's like reading half of a conversation. Kind of like the myspace comment crap where you have to click back and forth on pages to read both sides. The comments on there seem like some 12 yr old kid is writing on the page.
maybe cus charlie has the mentality of a 12 year old!!

The idea is to have the conversation with people that you follow, ideally people that share your interests...

Just got off of a chat with csr, here is what he said..
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Adam Q..
(03) Adam Q.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Adam Q.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Adam Q.: I am sorry to inform you that we do not have an update on this yet.
(03) Adam Q.: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line-up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere.
(03) Adam Q.: Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when due to legalities.
(03) Adam Q.: DISH Network - 2009 Updates - 1.888.825.2557
dennis Papaleo: They were announced on 3-9-09 charlie chat by the boss himself, the 7 channels are
NickHD, ComedyCentralHD, MTVHD, VH1HD, CMTHD, BETHD,and SpikeHD. I'm not asking for any private info, just the channels that were publicly announced to become available today.

(03) Adam Q.: I understand your concern.
(03) Adam Q.: We have not received any update on this yet.
dennis Papaleo: ok, thank you.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

D* trumped Chuckles with two RSN's on the date Chuckles himself said by which we would have the Viacom channels. Lost Sirius XM in the 11th hour, and now is made a fool by D* with two minor HD additions on his big announced date. Someone will say the local HD additions are a big thing (which they are), but remember, Chuckles is playing catchup in the local HD department right now. It has been weeks since the announcement, so to claim technical glitches when you have had all of this time to work them out seems like a cop out. Keep prolonging everything right up to the Chapter 11 filing, which seems like it is going to be.....soon!

D* trumped Chuckles with two RSN's on the date Chuckles himself said by which we would have the Viacom channels. Lost Sirius XM in the 11th hour, and now is made a fool by D* with two minor HD additions on his big announced date. Someone will say the local HD additions are a big thing (which they are), but remember, Chuckles is playing catchup in the local HD department right now. It has been weeks since the announcement, so to claim technical glitches when you have had all of this time to work them out seems like a cop out. Keep prolonging everything right up to the Chapter 11 filing, which seems like it is going to be.....soon!
I think it is time for good old Charlie to step down before he hurts dish any more than he already has.

Is Charlie trying to destroy his Sub base?

Not sure how many HD viewers actually watch the dribble that's spewed on the Charlie Chat other than us, but I actually feel bad for Chuck if he falls flat on his face again.

One can only assume that total chaos is running in the halls of Dish Corporate.....

I don't think that Charlie could do a better job chasing away subs than if he actually tried. His performance this last year has continued to slip and here we are 4 months into the new year and he continues to run the company into the ground. If it wasn't for the Echostar receivers I don't think that DISH would have any high tech subs left at this point. Maybe Charlie is getting to old . You know that the testosterone hormones tend to go down as a man ages. And with that loss, the competitive juices go down and a man loses that drive needed to stay competitive in the market. It shouldn't be that hard to make this company run right.

1. Give the subs what they want: National hd channels & hd locals.
2. Give good customer service: move your csrs home to the U.S. and train them so they know what the hell they are doing.
3. Simplify your programming & eliminate the extra "because you can fees".
4. Hire a good advertising & marketing firm: Try McMan & Tate & company, I'm sure Darrin and Samantha wouldn't mind.
5. ENOUGH with all the legal fighting and endless channel retransmission fights.

How hard can it be?:rolleyes: