4/29/2009 2:26pm - Uplink Activity Report - 223 changes

Probably in a week or two.
Hopefully, if you're lucky. Ours were uplinked but NA in February and they still have not changed to Available. Might happen faster if you already have some other locals in HD though.

Good luck to joecap1946, I hope you get them sooner than "soon". :)

According to the list from the last retailer chat, the following areas should get HD locals next week:

Minot-Bismarck, ND
Sioux Falls - Mitchell, SD
Rockford, IL
Twin Falls, ID
Butte-Bozeman, MT
Chico-Redding, CA

Why add ION west, continue ION east and then add the local IONs? Local IONs don't have locally produced programming as far as I know. Presumably, the EPG for the ION subchannels now reading digital service OTA will be populated soon.

According to the list from the last retailer chat, the following areas should get HD locals next week:

Minot-Bismarck, ND
Rockford, IL
Twin Falls, ID
Butte-Bozeman, MT
Chico-Redding, CA

The Columbus/Tupelo DMA was scheduled in the last retailer chat to be lit up last week but it did not happen so we are still without HD locals.

Why add ION west, continue ION east and then add the local IONs? Local IONs don't have locally produced programming as far as I know. Presumably, the EPG for the ION subchannels now reading digital service OTA will be populated soon.

Notice how they are all on one CONUS TP? They are simply creating a channel number in those markets pointed to the national ION feed, so folks will see the channel in their locals without having to look in the regular numbers.

Minot-Bismarck, ND
Rockford, IL
Twin Falls, ID
Butte-Bozeman, MT
Chico-Redding, CA

In that same chat they mentioned Lacrosse HD sometime after May. Kind of stupid to even put in on there at all because it could mean anything.

Anybody willing to take a stab on a time for those.

May 2010...Would be my guess...LOL I can't recieve and NBC on an OTA antenna...and hoping for the HD here before NASCAR hits them. Bill

(changing my mind back. ;) )

I am going to predict that the two TMP channels are FX-HD and SPEED-HD.

Note that we now have an entirely new Programming Department leadership team.

The third HD looks to be a new Platinum channel.

Last edited:
Probably in a week or two.

Swing your 61.5 over to 129. It's easy to do.

Nope. There's no room on 61.5.

Just spoke to Dish, they wanted my to pay a $ 59.00 fee to install a 1000.2.

I said no way, he waived the fee. Said they would be out on Friday to install.

Said I would get a 10.00 monthly credit for a year, I have no idea what for. I think they make the rules up as they go along. I did sign another 2 year extension, but hey I have no other options other than Direct. No cable, so I'm pleased.

Thanks for your input Digi.

Congrats to the AK and HI HD subs... looks like you'll have a big grin on your face here shortly.

Yowsa :)

30 channels on the Ciel-2 HI/AK spots (20 are new to us, the other 10 can free up space on the e*10 spot and e*11 conus).

I imagine that the 11 additions to e*10 AK spot 46 (all new) are likely to show up in hawaii as well on spot 47.

The Columbus/Tupelo DMA was scheduled in the last retailer chat to be lit up last week but it did not happen so we are still without HD locals.

The same with the Fort Smith, Arkansas market. The Dish people told a station employee May 6th. I won't believe it until it happens as it seems this market has fallen by the wayside. They have been done and ready to go for a long time according to engineers at the stations.

Sweet!

I just talked to a local dealer and they'll have a single dish solution as well!

That's great news!! Did he say what it was going to look like? I look forward to consolidating my current antenna farm (actually my wife & neighbors probably would appreciate it more that me :rolleyes:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)