Status
Please reply by conversation.

vicdiaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Trujillo Alto, PR
Hi,

I'm a newbie in the hobbie and after procrastinating for more than a year I finally installed my first FTA setup, a 40x44 dish/SG2100/Openbox S10 HD PVR receiver (yes, I bought new a year ago!!!). :) Took me most of Saturday to get it up to to a powered-up state but I still cannot get a single channel though. :(

I installed the SG2100 as per the included manual using the latitude scale instead of the elevation scale after reading user feedback in this forum regarding errors in the elevation scale. The dish's angling bracket has 3 scales labelled A, B and C, A being in one side and B/C in the other.

My first question is, which scale should I use (A, B or C)???

Second question is, the manual specifies that the dish should be set 30 - declination angle for my latitude, but in other SG2100 manual the specification is 40 - declination angle. Which one is correct???

So far I'm getting signal strength of 43-45 and signal quality of 10 in almost all sats.

Guidance will be appreciated. :)

Regards,

Vic

Last edited:
SG2100 motor makes this thread come to mind here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...otor-install-frustration-recommendations.html Might get some indication of 'what's up' with your difficulty.
40x44 offset dish- what brand? (Maybe some one here has first hand knowledge) Post some pictures, Someone may spot something.
Think moderator may move thread to the FTA area for better exposure and it's a technical problem.
Also be aware: Receiver must be programmed with an active transponder to acquire signal and display Quality. It also requires the LNB Type and L.O. frequency be entered correctly.(Must match the LNBF specs)

Thanks for the info Fat Air!!

Regarding the Dish brand, I don't know. I will post pics during the weekend since it is installed on a 2nd floor roof. LNB is a Viking VS-FT67 (FSS???) with an L.O. of 10750. I did set the LNB frequency during setup but it seems that there is more information to set using the Ali Editor as I found while reading other forums last night. Regarding the receiver, I tried blindscanning but nothing came out, so maybe I have to re-align the dish.

Start by knowing your latitude and longitude and after that find your angle of declination. All this is available via Google.

Terminology Problem: The angle of declination you are talking about is to compensate for the bend in the motor arm. I am pretty sure it's thirty degrees. The angle of declination I am talking about is around eight degrees and facilitates perfect dish aim by compensating for the fact that the sats are NOT at infinity but only 5.6 earth radii above the earth's surface.

With these numbers you should be able to aim your dish right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)