5 most hated companies in America

We generally do not have issues with Dish because we spend a lot of time on here. We are generally more educated on how Dish works and know how to solve our own problems. When we can't solve it we know the best routes to take in order to get good help.I think the average customer is setting themselves up for poor service. This is what I run across with my most outraged customers: They call me saying their Dish doesn't work and hasn't worked since it was installed. We find out that the install was done 2 months ago so they have just built up 2 months of rage. The first thing they do is call Dish and talk to a CSR that is not helpful at all. Now the customer is more upset because they got frustrated with a CSR. Finally we get to the customer's house and find the problem. It usually turns out to be a simple fix and now the customer is happy for the most part but has a negative view towards Dish and their service.This whole outrage could have been solved if the customer called us as soon as they noticed a problem. Don't wait 2 months and don't call Dish at 9pm expecting to solve the problem. Quit setting yourself up for frustration people!
Let me guess, TV on the wrong input?

I'll bet that is problem #!!

That's generally the most common issue but those get resolved right away. The people that wait months before they call and complain usually have signal problems. This isn't just s Dish thing but a service thing in general. We will have the same thing with appliances, the customer will tell us it never worked from the start and we find out that the machine is almost a year old. If there's and issue just call right away so it doesn't drive you crazy and the problem can be fixed for free.

Hmmm, I get an occasional spam message from a couple of Dish retailers, but all I typically get directly from Dish is a notice that my next statement is available online.

There was an article on Dish as the worst company in America in a fairly recent (last 6 months, I think) Bloomberg Businessweek. A lot had to do with unhappy employees as I recall.

Let me guess, without even opening the article, it references the "analysis" done over a year ago by one 24/7 Wall Street outfit? Companies recycling old useless crap just to get web hits. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually, I saw it first in Bloomberg Businessweek's print edition last year. Looked up the site when I thought it was appropriate for this thread and to verify my original comment, and thought some here might be interested. Bloomberg is a rather respectable financial news organization and the magazine is fairly reliable compared to most - including this forum and many of its members.

Again, hope you Dish apologists are well paid for your efforts. Sorry you object to anything that might be critical.

I was expecting that ridiculous accusation.

This has nothing to do with defending Dish. My post was an indictment over lazy, bad or deceptive journalism. 24/7 took data from a single voluntarily-participated forum and posted an article about it. Not even close to a scientific poll. Then a supposed respectable publication regurgitates it without so much fact-checking. Shameful.

Dish may very well be one of the most hated companies, but the 24/7 article referenced has no empirical basis to legitimately make that claim.

Well, I get about 3-4 pieces of snail mail a week and about 3-4 emails per day from Dish trying to get me to sign up for service, and I am an existing customer. I can only imagine what non-customers must get.

look at the print at the bottom of those flyers its a third party retailer. as an internal DNS tech I have had to deal with many irate customers getting shafted by these third party resellers, they will tell a potential customer anything to get the sale and their chunk of money.

We had Comcast from '05 to '06 and I'd still put those ******* at the top of my most hated list. I have no 1st hand info, but I've read that bit about working for Dish before, though. Although I'm not exactly tickled pink with the value I get from Dish, their customer service has been fine for us. I don't even like thinking about Comcast because it makes my blood boil.:rant:

Actually, I saw it first in Bloomberg Businessweek's print edition last year. Looked up the site when I thought it was appropriate for this thread and to verify my original comment, and thought some here might be interested. Bloomberg is a rather respectable financial news organization and the magazine is fairly reliable compared to most - including this forum and many of its members.

Again, hope you Dish apologists are well paid for your efforts. Sorry you object to anything that might be critical.

I get paid to work for Dish when at work, I don't get paid to say anything, good or bad, here, so I am far from an "apologist", I can tell you that. You'll notice, if you spend time on the Glassdoor site, that is referenced a lot, that a lot of the anger is from technicians. I've read enough to know their job is tough. I know a few techs, and I know it's a tough job.

Call center work isn't for everybody. I've known a lot of people to crash and burn trying to work in a call center. It's stressful, and I have known a few who had to quit due to the stress, or see a psychologist. Getting yelled at much of the day isn't enjoyable. The key is to remember that the people who call in and treat CSRs the worst are usually the ones with the crappiest lives, and just taking it out on someone else. None of this is an excuse, just an explanation. It's not easy work, and a lot of people don't like doing it.

....Again, hope you Dish apologists are well paid for your efforts. Sorry you object to anything that might be critical.

Please do not result to name calling and accusations. We try to get along, and keep it civil, even when we don't agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts