501 Update 365?

What does this update fix? Can't find any info.

1/17/2007: 1102 Software Version P3.65 for DVR501/508/510
Effective Thursday, January 18th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.65 for the DVR501/508/510 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.63, P3.64, and P3.65 will be the valid software versions for the DVR501/508/510.

only thing I can find is at the tech site

Still have P3.63 on my remaining 508, still missing timers, still watching the box reboot on its own at the same time very day. :(

Shame that Dish took a stable platform and hosed it up trying to force VOD on us.

Bump...
My P363 510 missed the M-F morning news 2 days in a row.
There must have been a bug in 364.

But, the really need to get this out. The box has been sporatically missing times for over a monty.

Two 508 receivers went from p3.63 to p3.65 last night. We'll have to see what kind of problems this causes. I have update blocked on the third 508.
P3.63 was bad the first the first couple of weeks and then was good from then on, with no problems what so ever,

Unfortunately the lockups and re boots have *increased* with P365. View a saved program on he 508, then a reboot is required to watch "live" TV. Trying to access Dish VOD locks up the receiver as well.

Unfortunately the lockups and re boots have *increased* with P365. View a saved program on he 508, then a reboot is required to watch "live" TV. Trying to access Dish VOD locks up the receiver as well.

I am seeing a lot of "Off Air" in the guide, requiring frequent reboots. Also, when the receiver has been off for several hours, I seem to be going through check switch a lot.

The only new "feature" I see is the Turner copyright on every single program description.

Not sure if this change is a result of 365, but I notice a difference in my 508.

When I used to fast forward (lowest speed) and then press PLAY, the program would resume at the point I saw on the screen. Now it seems to jump ahead several seconds from that point.

WARNING: DO NOT LET P365 INSTALL!!!!!

Please elaborate.

Both my receivers have this update,

Here are the new and improved bugs I have,

1. Missing timers, still
2. only recording 59 minutes on average, one has recorded only 1 minute, and another 58 minutes.
3. Deletes recorded shows off of hard drive. even protected ones.
4. Choppy fast forwards, ok choppier.
5. corrupted screen when using back button when paused.
6. audio when in screen saver.
7. black screens
8. jumpy/choppy when playing recorded material (has happened once, may have been the channel and not the DVR)
Another NEW one 9. Ok,if you press pause. then skip back, it actually skips forward, press skip back again and it may go forward or back to where you were, with a possiblility of corrupting the video by combining more than 2 screens that are 2.5 to 5 secs apart. Then if you pause, then hit skip back that went forward, then hit play it can jump 20 seconds forward in to the video from where you were.

I've duplicated this problem on both 508's. Easiest way to duplicate it is on a recorded program, but live does it also, once there is about a minute of buffer. Try watching something to the start of a commercial break, then hit pause and then back a couple of times to see if yours does this.

thats the bugs I've had since saturday. Tech Ops told me that this rolled out to 400,000 receivers and they have been flooded with calls.

other bugs I've read about

1. recorded material does not play (hang)
2. must perform frequent hard resets
3. frequent jumps to LIVE while watching delayed
4. long periods of dark screen (mine not so long, longer than normal though)
5. audio that is being output when the receiver is off
6. often having it go through a 'test' every other time I turn it on
7. have had it ADD 9 HOURS to my recording
8. consistent lockups every time I get curious and try go into the VOD menu

thats what I've compiled from other sources.

A reason was given to me about why this update went out, I will not disclose it here, do not ask. It is a substantial update at core level is all I can say. That is if what I was told by Tech Ops is true, which I beleive to be.

Also p364 was very bad per tech ops.

I just hope they fix this thing fast, both my boxes are only slightly better than paper weights now. Considering they only missed timers with P363, P365 is definately a down grade.

Found this also http://www.dbstalk.com/ekb/501sw.htm

Last edited:
I have a 501 with P365 and I see none of these problems. Of course I don't see any loathsome VOD stuff, either. ;) Are you sure these problems aren't confined to the 508 and 510 (which I understand are the ones with VOD)?

I have a 501 with P365 and I see none of these problems. Of course I don't see any loathsome VOD stuff, either. ;) Are you sure these problems aren't confined to the 508 and 510 (which I understand are the ones with VOD)?
I should have said what model I have, both of mine are 508's.

There could be differences in the motherboards that cause certain problems. I'm not sure, I've see it on computer mothorboards, where rev1.1 will work with upto say 1.3 ghz cpu and rev 1.2 will work with 2ghz cpu and have the exact same model number on the motherboard.

The dvrs are basically a small computer

OH man, I've got to tell you this one, An echostar employee from Executive Communications offered me a new DVR with a 1 year waiver on the DVR fee for all my troubles. Don't know if thats one dvr to replace both my 508's I'm not sure, but the best part is, I was offered :clap a 510! :yikes can you freaking beleive it?? :confused:

I don't know if I should call them back and laugh or what. What would you do?:(

1/17/2007: 1102 Software Version P3.65 for DVR501/508/510
Effective Thursday, January 18th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.65 for the DVR501/508/510 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.63, P3.64, and P3.65 will be the valid software versions for the DVR501/508/510.

only thing I can find is at the tech site

How do you have access to the daily updates? I can only see them when I am at work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)