Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I think this is a technical question so here it goes:

I will be running approx 50ft of coax cable from the dish to receiver as my satellite dish will be mounted on the roof of my building.

Is there any degradation of signal? And will rain be an issue as the dish is wide open to rain and other elements.

Thank you.

You have about 250' from dish to IRD in a KA/KU system (even though DTV suggests about 150' max).

As for an AU2 (18x20 dish) or a 18" round dish, your looking at about 500' - 750' from dish to IRD untill you need an inline amp.

Also FYI its not the rain on the dish that causes the pixal issue, its the rain/clouds/obstruction between the dish and the sat that causes any issues.

You have about 250' from dish to IRD in a KA/KU system (even though DTV suggests about 150' max).

As for an AU2 (18x20 dish) or a 18" round dish, your looking at about 500' - 750' from dish to IRD untill you need an inline amp.

Also FYI its not the rain on the dish that causes the pixal issue, its the rain/clouds/obstruction between the dish and the sat that causes any issues.

Very cool information thanks. I was surprised about the rain fade answer though. :)

Snow or ice on the dish can cause some problems, however. I had a problem once which I think was caused by ice on those little connectors connecting the 110/119 sidecar to the main assembly on my AT-9 dish.

Snow or ice on the dish can cause some problems, however. I had a problem once which I think was caused by ice on those little connectors connecting the 110/119 sidecar to the main assembly on my AT-9 dish.

Usually it's the wet slushy snow that will cause problems as it builds up on the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts