6/28 "Today! Save an extra $40 ONLINE ONLY" - Banner ads

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I've noticed a new DirecTV banner ad on both here and slickdeals.net where it states

"TODAY! Save an extra $40 ONLINE ONLY!" ...fine print "choice and above"

This is on the right hand side where the free HD-DVR and HD receivers info usually is. It also mentions the save 50%..etc.etc....

Well, I've clicked the links from both places and saw nothing of additional savings "today only". I even clear my cookies just in case....to no avail. Only 1 out of 4 of the DirecTV banner ads that appeared on Slickdeals.net displayed the extra $40 wording. I had done a search for DirecTV in their forums....I keep reloading the page until the ad appeared again.

I know we've seen DirecTV have short time bonus money off for online orders. So, perhaps these banner ads will eventually work and bring you to a bonus offer, or perhaps they'll offer it on their front page as well.

Is this in addition to the $20 savings "online only" which is the free shipping and handling? You would think by the wording of EXTRA....but I don't know.

Has anyone else seen this or know anything about it??? The last time they did something like this that I noticed, it was also on their front page. I think it was around Christmas time.

The link from one of the banner ads...

http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v..._pageID=46499139_adID=225818713_crID=37193481

Just a heads up!

Jason

(you may need to be signed out to see them here...at least if your a pub member)

Last edited:
I saw the same thing and got the same result. Right around when I am looking to place an order. hmm...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV-HD NFL satellite feed

Need Help with SL3 HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)