6 second back os jumping 30!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidpat

Mar 15, 2008
All of a sudden the 6 second back button is jumping back 30 seconds.
Also sometimes when I pause and then play it will jumpback 30 seconds, or it will play but with no sound for 5 or 6 seconds.
HR21 - Receiver
HC64R - Remote
Is it the remote? Is it the receiver? Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Unforutnately, sometimes the first-timers don't come back. In that case, it usually means the recomendation fixed their problem :)

davidpat

Mar 15, 2008
Sorry...I went on vacation...San Antonio is nice this time of year!
I did a reboot (Pressed the red button) but it is still doing it. Especially the odd no sound issue. I hope it isn't the unit as I'm begining to think I'm jinx'd! Before I had the HD/DVR I had a regular DVR and I had to replace it 2 or 3 times, before that I had Tivo and it worked GREAT for MANY years. I've only had this box for less than 2 months!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Sorry...I went on vacation...San Antonio is nice this time of year!
I did a reboot (Pressed the red button) but it is still doing it. Especially the odd no sound issue. I hope it isn't the unit as I'm begining to think I'm jinx'd! Before I had the HD/DVR I had a regular DVR and I had to replace it 2 or 3 times, before that I had Tivo and it worked GREAT for MANY years. I've only had this box for less than 2 months!

Now try rebooting it properly ..... Don't use the dreaded Red Button Reboot, only as a last resort,if it won't funtion at all.

Menu > Set Up > System Set up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash >and wait for it to reboot.

Jimbo

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
sounds like DirecTV hired some Echostar software engineering staff. :)

There were a few software versions a while back on their ViP622 where skip back was a random value between 6 and 600 seconds. :)

davidpat

Mar 15, 2008
What exactly will:

Menu > Set Up > System Set up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash

do?

Will I lose the stuff I have recorded or setting I have set?

davidpat

Mar 15, 2008
I did it and it seems to have cleared things up...temporarily...I guess I'll need to do a reset once a week!
Oh well!
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)