622 DPPTwin Install Help

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Hey can anyone help me real quick with a problem.

I have a 622 and a DPPTwin.

Tuner 1 is only getting 61.5 Odd and Tuner 2 is only getting 61.5 Even.

What causes that and how do I fix it?

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
It could be the separator, reverse the cables on the separator and run check switch.

It could use be the cable that goes from the 61.5 lnb to the DPP Twin. You could try a different one or just replace the connectors.

Have you tried clearing the switch matrix yet?

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
No. Clearing the matrix was my first thought.

The installer is cutting new cable first anyways

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
what's odd is the check switch runs just fine and says exactly what I want it to

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
i cleared the matrix, re did the switch and that did it.

Also put up a new dish lnb and cabling between the 2 dishes, but dont think that was the issue

Another question.

Does the 622 not have 2 sets of aspect ratios for hd output and sd output like the 811 did? :(

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
"Does the 622 not have 2 sets of aspect ratios for hd output and sd output like the 811 did?"

AFAIK, it doesn't. The 211 does and that's one thing I don't like about the 622.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
If you're using dual mode then I believe your right and TV2 does have it's own. But in single mode, all TVs get TV1's aspect ratio and format settings.

So what I'd like is format settings for the hd outputs (comp. and hdmi) and a zoom setting for the sd outputs (svideo, composite, distribution) on TV1.

They should also change the format modes on TV2 for HD channels. the current normal mode should be labeled Squeeze (that's what it does) and they should add a mode that does a crop. (for times when there's 4x3 content on an HD channel).

Basically I think it would be cool if the 622 could do this:

TV1
HD Outputs
HD Channels - Normal, Stretch, Zoom
SD Channels - Normal, Stretch, Zoom, Gray Bars

SD Outputs
HD Channels - Letterbox, Squeeze, Crop

TV2
HD Channels - Letterbox, Squeeze, Crop

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
i have another question i just wanna put here rather than starting a new thread -

I thought the machine could stay in standby while recording. But I'm finding that the 622 is actually turning on when it does a record. Why is it doing that?

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Your vcr does the same thing really except it doesnt show much of anything on its display, the receiver has to power up to normal function inorder to decode and process the source and then send it out.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
I know it wll be powered on. but it shouldn't have to turn on the tv1 or tv2 outputs. In fact i can later go and turn off the tv output and it will continue to record just fine (red light is on but nothing else)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)