622 Live Recording more than one show?

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Does the Dish 622 have the ability to watch a LIVE show and record another live show at the same time?

My parents have the 622 and they have no clue. I looked briefly at their manual and didnt catch it myself. Appreciate any info on this.

What are the recording capabilies while watching live tv. Is the 722 any different?

Rob

Does the Dish 622 have the ability to watch a LIVE show and record another live show at the same time?

My parents have the 622 and they have no clue. I looked briefly at their manual and didnt catch it myself. Appreciate any info on this.

What are the recording capabilies while watching live tv. Is the 722 any different?

Rob

First question is yes you can.
Second one the 722 and the 622 are pretty much the same execpt the HD, on the 722 you can record 55 HD programming or 500 SD and on the 622 is only 30 of HD programming or 200 SD.

Truth be told, you can record three programs and watch a recorded program simultaneously. I did it last night. The key to recording a third program is having a functional OTA antenna. Without OTA, you can record two programs and watch a recorded program. This is usually how it works for me as I live to skip past commercials.

How do you do it? Do you just set two shows to record at the same time? I personally have a OTA. I guess the OTA needs to hook into the 722 receiver.

rob

How do you do it? Do you just set two shows to record at the same time? I personally have a OTA. I guess the OTA needs to hook into the 722 receiver.

rob

I just have a regular antenna hooked up to it (indoors type). then go in settings and have it scan for local channels. they will show up as yellow on your program guide :)

You can setup and record three HD programs at the same time as long as one is OTA. AND play 2 prerecorded shows on TV1 and TV2 while recording the other 3.

In addition, if you will split you OTA cable and hook it to both the antenna-in on the TV and 622 or 722, you can record 2 programs from the dish, record 3ed program from OTA and watch a fourth OTA at the same time.

In addition, if you will split you OTA cable and hook it to both the antenna-in on the TV and 622 or 722, you can record 2 programs from the dish, record 3ed program from OTA and watch a fourth OTA at the same time.

THat's true I forgot about that one. I can do that to with my setup. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)