622 Remote & Vizio TV

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have a 622 connected to a Vizio 32' LCD TV and it works fine controling the volume and mute, but to change input source I have to get the Vizio remote.

On a Sony that I have connected to another 622, the "tv/video input" button on the 622 remote changes the TV source when I have activated the "TV" button on the remote. But this process will not work on Visio. Anyone know a work around for Vizio TV?
"'

I have a Vizio 47 with a 722 using a 6.2 remote. One code that works is 573, however it will only change the inputs using the power button. It will not do any of the other normal functions you need. You would have to change codes everytime you wanted to change inputs. I have to keep my Vizio remote around just for that reason. Not pratical for me to change codes. I found it by scanning through all the codes. Many codes will turn the TV off and on, but most of them don't do all the things you normally need.

At least you guys can can control the TV power & volume. I've got a 42" Olevia that I'm very pleased with and consider a great buy. There is NO code & scanning won't help ya either. I solved the problem with an inexpensive Sony learning remote for TV1 (where the 622 is) but that wouldn't do you any good in another room where you need UHF. I'd buy another Olevia if it wasn't for this.

Ed

I have a Vizio 47 with a 722 using a 6.2 remote. One code that works is 573, however it will only change the inputs using the power button. It will not do any of the other normal functions you need. You would have to change codes everytime you wanted to change inputs. I have to keep my Vizio remote around just for that reason. Not pratical for me to change codes. I found it by scanning through all the codes. Many codes will turn the TV off and on, but most of them don't do all the things you normally need.

Since the power button changes video source on Visio, I assume the Visio must be on for this to function. I do not use the aux on the 622 remote, so I assume I could set it to the 573 command and then just press it and change source. Does that make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts