622 TV1 RF Remote

mopar_mudder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Is their a way to control TV1 with the RF remote that is normaly used for TV2?

Since I can't seem to find a solution that I like to share a DVR on two HD TV's I am downt to putting an HDMI switch at the reciever to switch from one TV to the other. But I will need to control by RF in one room, no line of sight. I don't like the option but it is the only one I can come up with.

Is their a way to control TV1 with the RF remote that is normaly used for TV2?

Since I can't seem to find a solution that I like to share a DVR on two HD TV's I am downt to putting an HDMI switch at the reciever to switch from one TV to the other. But I will need to control by RF in one room, no line of sight. I don't like the option but it is the only one I can come up with.
Yes. You would need to get another 6.3 IR/UHF remote with tab that allows it to be used as UHF or, the new 61.0 learning remote that simply has a IR/UHF switch in the battery compartment.

Try putting the receiver in single mode. The UHF remote should change channels and everything after that.

Thanks for the tip. I actually thought of that late last night and tried it and it did work. It is a temp work around but I really don't like it. Means I have to hook and unhook cables from the back of the reciever and at the back of my HTPC, really a pain.

So I guess I have to live with 2 seperate HD DVR's or move to Direct TV to get whole house DVR. Still baffles me that Dish has no whole house DVR.....:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)