722 SD Display issue

traderumors

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Hi all. I'm hoping you guys can help me out here. Basically, I have the 722 running TV1 to my 50" plasma, and TV2 to a basic 24" tube. The issue has to due with SD display on TV1. I get a "crease" that runs from top to bottom, about 1/2" or so along the right hand side of the display, and from the "crease" to the edge of the display, it is pretty pixelated. All HD programming is flawless, as is the TV2 display. It seems like if I change the SD display from 4x3 to stretched, the problem pretty much goes away (I hate watching it that way as the TV shows all of the flaws of SD programming). Most interesting, if I watch a local channel from Dish, it'll have this issue, but if I watch the local channel OTA, no issue at all. Spent 45 minutes with Tech Support, and basically they couldn't figure it out and said it was a problem with my TV, and couldn't be an issue with the receiver. Told me to see if I could take the receiver to Radio Shack and have them run it to one of their TV's as a test! :mad:

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!

How is the 722 connected to your display (HDMI, Component)? What are your display settings on the 722 (16x9, 1080i)? What "mode" is the 722 in for SD (Partial Zoom)? Might also be an overscan issue with your display: have you tried adjusting the image position to eliminate the "crease?"

How is the 722 connected to your display (HDMI, Component)? What are your display settings on the 722 (16x9, 1080i)? What "mode" is the 722 in for SD (Partial Zoom)? Might also be an overscan issue with your display: have you tried adjusting the image position to eliminate the "crease?"

Connected HDMI. HD display is 720P, 16x9. The mode is the standard 4x3 mode with black spacers. Not sure how to adjust the image position, would this be done with the TV, not the Dish setup?

It's just weird that is works fine with OTA and with 4x3 grey spacers its much, much less visible.

I would agree that it sounds like a TV safe area issue, but there shouldn't be "noise" over there.

If the HD image is filling the screen, there shouldn't be any problem with the SD image filling the screen as they are being run at the same scan rates.

Lease or own VIP722?

question about bad weather and recorded material

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)