722K and new L6.68 firmware update

can you help me recreate the issue you have reported? i have tried everything i can think of and my receiver is just as snappy as ever...

I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with TV2 in dual mode.

Can't confirm anything with the newer firmware releases, but back on L662, I found that the issue mainly occurred when TV2 was put in standby mode. I found that TV1 would continue to be painfully slow, until I either pressed MENU - MENU - CANCEL - CANCEL, in which case the TV2 blue light would come on, and TV1 would stop being slow. Since L667 came out, MENU - MENU - CANCEL - CANCEL would no longer fix the issue.

Anyway, back on L662, I found that turning TV2 back on would fix the TV1 slowness, and TV2 never slows down.

Dunno if this helps any, but try messing with TV2 standby in dual mode and check TV1 for slowness.

Just switched to Dish from DirecTV. Why is this box going so incredibly slow? From the time I push the guide button, it takes four seconds to pop up on the screen.

I'm glad to hear this may just be caused by a bad update. We've only had the unit for about three days and it's slowed to a crawl. This happens with a universal remote as well, but the system wizard tip made no difference.

On a side note, we can't seem to disable the standby mode on the receiver, even when it is disabled in the menu.

On a side note, we can't seem to disable the standby mode on the receiver, even when it is disabled in the menu.

The receiver goes into standby every day at the scheduled update time (usually 3 am) so that it can update. It then stays in standby until you turn it back on either by pressing the select button or with an autotune timer.

Just switched to Dish from DirecTV. Why is this box going so incredibly slow? From the time I push the guide button, it takes four seconds to pop up on the screen.

I'm glad to hear this may just be caused by a bad update. We've only had the unit for about three days and it's slowed to a crawl. This happens with a universal remote as well, but the system wizard tip made no difference.

As far as the slowness either pressing the red reset button on the front of the receiver or unplugging/replugging after 15 seconds should fix it... Until the next time... Yep it's definitely a glitch that didn't used to occur before the L662 firmware. All DISH receivers I ever used were near-instantaneous in response, including the 722k when this bug doesn't creep up...

New Bug?

Today my 722K/L668 has started saying a recording is in progress and must be stopped when changing channels. Of course there are NO recordings scheduled or in progress. This is on both TV1 & TV2 (dual mode of course).

New Bug?

Today my 722K/L668 has started saying a recording is in progress and must be stopped when changing channels. Of course there are NO recordings scheduled or in progress. This is on both TV1 & TV2 (dual mode of course).

I don't know if it's new to L668 but I had a similar issue on L667 where the recording light was on on TV2 and DVR menu had something recording but no stop button. Only way to stop the recording was a soft reset.

Slightly different, there was no red light on either tuner. After choosing yes to quit the "recording" and changing channels, go to change to a different channel and get the popup again. (every time) Reset solved it for now of course.

By the way, after I let my 722K work through the slowdown, it has been fine every since. Maybe I was doing it a disservice by resetting it. I suppose it could have been doing something, although, I don't know what.

I'm on version 630 on my 622 and the new interface is slower and last night it took 4 seconds for some actions to happen even changing from all channels to subs to HD by hitting the guide over and over. It was so slow so I'm seeing what chubby is seeing and don't worrys it's not normal. I've done that for years on my 622 and it's usually as fast as you can click the button. Now it sucks bum.

I did a total 10 second cold reboot and it's faster but it's still not anywhere near what it used to be before i got this latest firmware. Timers are a lot slower to react when I cancel one, etc

anyways, I tried that info folder test and it does exit the folder on me too on the 630 firmware. You have to click back into the folder and select the episode you want to check the information on.

basically this update is SHI# that i have and I've had more lockups in a week than the last 6 months.

First, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has taken their time to read through my post, check their boxes and report back.:)

I've noticed the slowdown on mine for some time, I'm not sure at what level it first appeared. IMO, and this was sorta confirmed very early on, but the box was released before it was ready, so there's been many bugs over the life of this box.

I like the box, but when I first saw the big red reset button, well, the alarms started ringing in my head that I was in for some trouble.

I've found that by pressing the reset button in the mornings when I first wake up cures 99% of the problems I've experienced over the small amount of time I've had this unit and the small amount of time it has existed.

Mostly in the afternoons or evenings is when I start seeing the slowdowns, but by resetting in the mornings, I've noticed almost no slowdowns, no freezing, no lockups.

The reset button doesn't cure the group/folder problem though.

another bug I've had since the very first day of this box, and it's not one that most people would not see, is when I turn it on first thing in the morning and view my locals, the aspect ratio or display mode (I can't remember what it's called)
is messed up. I have two black lines on the sides of the picture. There is a setting in the menu I have to go change twice. for some reason, the box changes to another mode even though the settings are correct. If I change it to something else and then change it back, all works fine. It has something to do with HD settings and the 16x9 thing. I'd have to dig more into the menu to see exactly what it's called.
I do not run HD TVs whereas most people do, so I think this is why this bug really isn't well known. but if you are running a standard TV, you've probably noticed it before. I contacted DN in the beginning about this and a few other things, there solution is always "the big red button".
no need to call them, just press the button.

yes the new firmware is junk, guess I will have receiver get my permission before downloading new firmware from now on. you think they would test it a little more before releasing it....

Haven't been able to do it with the 522/625, 622, or 722k for as long as they've been out. For support reasons, among others, Dish isn't going to allow users to deny s/w updates.

firmware update 722

i too am having problems since the latest update my receiver will reboot if i am not in live mode. also if i am watching a dvr show and it plays until the end of the recording the channel goes to 101. there is multiple problems since this and they cant tell me that it has nothing to do with the update. thinking of dtv or cable

Free TV rentals seems to disappear overnight for me. When I download them it
said it is available for 10 days. This did not happen with L667. I do turn off my
network router before I go to bed, if this makes any difference.

I have had some weird errors at times as well (about the tuners being in use when they weren't). Who knows how big the batch of testers was for this. They had a deadline on getting this Google TV code out, so they did the updates.

I really think we will see L669 sooner rather than later. My box is still running fast since I didn't reset it.

I got L669 last night. Still have issues with the folders going back to the top menu. Hope it at least fixed the slowdowns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts