722K hard drive failing

PeggyD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
SE King County, WA
We have two 722K receivers & the one my sons use is acting like the HD is failing. When playing recorded shows the video frequently freezes although the audio will continue. We tried a hard reset several times & it only improves for a short while. We do not currently have external hard drive service activated, but I do have a 500 GB hard drive I can put in an enclosure with USB 2 to transfer the recording to. I don't think we'd use an EHD much, neither receiver ever gets too full, so I'm debating on the expense. I'm not sure how much they have on the hard drive, but it does say there are about 10 hours of HD space left. How long would it take to transfer the recordings?

When you will start the transfer it will tel you.

You have everything to start doing that and no more money need to do that - just connect the enclosure and start the move, your time for that is slipping to 0 pretty quickly.

The boys have decided it's not worth enabling the EHD. I haven't called Dish yet as they are trying to watch what they can. So far today, the DVR is behaving.

If you already have the drive, it costs nothing to activate it. Dish dropped the activation fee for the 722 a year ago. The only ehd fee is for the 211.

The boys have decided it's not worth enabling the EHD. I haven't called Dish yet as they are trying to watch what they can. So far today, the DVR is behaving.

The $40 EHD activation fee only applies to the ViP211/211k. You will be able to connect your EHD to the receiver to transfer the recordings. I can assist you with replacing the receiver that is starting to fail. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thanks!

Thanks, Ray, I'll contact you tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the 500 GB drive is ATA & is in an enclosure that doesn't have USB & the other enclosures we have with USB are SATA, not ATA. I do have a 500 GB USB drive but it doesn't have an external power supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts