722K not online

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
My dish 722k receiver is hooked up to my router with an ethernet cable and could control the dvr from slings website. Now for at least a week it doesn't work. I went into the install menu and it doesn't recognize the reciever being online. I know the cable is good becasue I plugged that cable into a computer and it sees my network. Could a recent update be causing this or a bad receiver?

No I haven't tried rebooting the router just becasue my other computers are working fine. When I get home I can try that. I did try reseting the receiver with the red button but that didn't help.

Just trying to eliminate the router as a "suspect". If rebooting the router doesn't help the only other thing I would suggest is try a different port on the back of the router. That would all but eliminate everything except the receiver. Good luck!

I had the same problem with my 722. I had to reset my broadband connection. Menu 6-1-9-1 and then reset connection. Hope this helps.

I did try the reset the broadband connection. I will try reseting the router and changing to a different ethernet port. If that doesn't work I will have to call dish.

I want to update you all on my situation. I changed router ethernet ports and it works now. Not too sure why, but it works.

I want to update you all on my situation. I changed router ethernet ports and it works now. Not too sure why, but it works.

Thanks for the update! Always curious about router issues. Could be a myriad of reasons. . . port is phyiscally bad, forwarding issues on that port (ip), etc. I play a couple of older games online and seems like I constantly run into different issues forwarding ports, static vs dynamic ip, just wish the technology was a little easier to work with.

Sometimes the firewall setting won't allow the receiver to be seen by slingguide. had the same problem with my 722 had to disconnect the Lynksys router and use my qwest modem with a ethenet coupler in place or the linksys router. The firewall wasn't allowing slingguide to see the receiver. Did multiple resets on the receivers broadband setup. After installing the coupler it could see it as i logged in.