722k on 802.11n

Because they're always out of stock? It's the Netgear WDNA3100 V2 (Version 2). On eBay for same price, no shipping. (refurbs)

The netgear dongle is the simplest, but not the cheapest. Some routers and ethernet bridges can be found for around $30, refurbs included. Many routers can be turned into bridges with free DD-WRT firmware. That's typically how I get most of my home theater stuff on wireless, using one of THESE and DD-WRT firmware. I think it's an even better solution than the netgear dongle because it's cheaper and you can plug 4 or more devices into it, making the cost per device less than $10. You have to be careful though since only certain versions work with DD-WRT.

Depending on how your home network is set up you could put your modem & router by your 722k. I had a typical modem & wifi/4port router setup on my home pc and used a wireless bridge to connect my 722, bluray, and xbox to the network. This worked okay but my video streaming & gaming speeds were slower than desired. I moved the modem & router over to my entertainment rack so then I could connect all my components via ethernet cables. I then used the bridge for the pc connection. This resulted in much faster speeds for streaming video in my case. I hardly use my pc anymore (we all have laptops) so it made more sense to have the faster connection for my entertainment components.

I have mine hooked up into a D-Link bridge, but it's not a relyable one. I keep having to reset it because it losses the connection. I'm switching it over to a wireless adapter from the DISH website. Ordered and shipped Friday, will have it Tuesday.

Many routers can be turned into bridges with free DD-WRT firmware. That's typically how I get most of my home theater stuff on wireless, using one of THESE and DD-WRT firmware. I think it's an even better solution than the netgear dongle because it's cheaper and you can plug 4 or more devices into it, making the cost per device less than $10. You have to be careful though since only certain versions work with DD-WRT.

This. I've done this for years using WRT54G/GL/GS and the WRT160N/300N/600N/610N make good candidates as well.

Issues with 722's remote control for TV2

Leasing, is there an authorization form that must be signed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts