722's on Back-order!

Just mentioned it in case contracted techs are having trouble getting the 722's. So we would know if Dish is giving their techs priority.
Get this..Last Sat(8/25) Dish dumped every one of their 722 and 622 installs on us becuase neither they nor the other contractor in the area had any. 23 jobs in all out of 45 total...

Ordered a 722 thru Dish on August 22. Have not seen my reciever but was charged $199.00 on my credit card on the August 23.Was told by the CSR that since I was hooking up my 722 myself they would not have to scheulde an appoitment and that I should have my reciever within 5-7 days. Was not told 722s are on backorder, but am not gonna call them at this time for it would not do any good to talk to someone from India, Well wait another 7 days and see what happens.

Let us remember something: This is a service industry. There are endless variables involved in the installers performing their jobs. The jobs before yours can be more time consuming than expected for any number of reasons- equipment, site, etc. An installer may not show up for work due to sickness or other causes. The customer may need a lot more hand holding than usual, or won't shut up. Neighbors, and god forbid, HOA types, can show up with their two cents, or to try to stop/alter the install. And traffic is always variable.

Dispatchers and schedulers could be geniuses, but they aren't all knowing. There will always be delays, jobs that don't get done, or have to be rescheduled. And we customers will usually not even know why. Doesn't really matter, does it?

Let's not be NIGYYSOB players, using such an event as an opportunity to express our "righteous indignation." That won't help, and might hurt the cause.

Let us remember something: This is a service industry. There are endless variables involved in the installers performing their jobs. The jobs before yours can be more time consuming than expected for any number of reasons- equipment, site, etc. An installer may not show up for work due to sickness or other causes. The customer may need a lot more hand holding than usual, or won't shut up. Neighbors, and god forbid, HOA types, can show up with their two cents, or to try to stop/alter the install. And traffic is always variable.

Dispatchers and schedulers could be geniuses, but they aren't all knowing. There will always be delays, jobs that don't get done, or have to be rescheduled. And we customers will usually not even know why. Doesn't really matter, does it?

Let's not be NIGYYSOB players, using such an event as an opportunity to express our "righteous indignation." That won't help, and might hurt the cause.

Gotta admit, navychop, you lost me on that one. I scanned over the thread, and yeah, there's some frustration with missed service calls, 722 upgrades which were sold with no mention of a backorder, and overseas based customer service which frequently offers incorrect information, but . . . . . righteous indignation? Really?? I think you're reading more into this than there is. Most that post here are pretty big fans of Dish, even if they feel the need to vent from time-to-time (this is a forum, after all). Those that get out of line generally get set straight in pretty short order. Most want the upgrade they were promised and could really care less about some "now I've got you, you SOB" idea if that's what you meant by that. Gotcha isn't what people are after, getting a 722 receiver is.

Ordered my 722 through Dish'n It Up on Aug 15. Was told it was shipped that day and would arrive in 5-7 business days.

Aug 22, I call and ask for a tracking number: "We don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 24 (7 business days): "It will be there in the next 2-4 business days, and I assure you it has been shipped."

Aug 27: "I'm sorry sir, even though it's late we don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 30: "Sorry sir, your receiver was not shipped on August 15th. It will be shipped today, and arrive in 7-10 business days."

Idiots.

Your experience was similar to mine. The CSRs are pretty much trained (at least the Overseas ones, the domestic guy did reserach and found out if was backordered and that they had me listed as needed an install) to tell you it's been shipped AND/OR they are trained to argue the calendar of 7-10 days.

I gave up and bought an HD-DVD with a working HDMI. The extra $20/month will get me the top plan at a rental place. I really wanted the 722, but sounds like it's endless phone calls. No first generation hardware(622) for me.

Keep posting. If the problems go away, I'll bite in the future.

First gen? Let's see- DishPlayer, 5xx, 721, 625, 942- all DVRs. Unless you want to limit it to HD DVRs. Not really first gen. And the ViP622/722 are the best HD MPEG-4 DVRs on the market, IMHO.

When new models come out, there's always an adjustment period, and not just for Dish.

>Unless you want to limit it to HD DVRs.

Yes

>When new models come out, there's always an adjustment period, and not just for Dish.

Then don't advertise the 722 on the HD-DVR page with a link to "choose your receiver" until they're in the pipeline. That's all I suggest.

>And the ViP622/722 are the best HD MPEG-4 DVRs on the market, IMHO.

I can't argue with that.

>When new models come out, there's always an adjustment period, and not just for Dish.

I like Dish. I like their programming. I will upgrade later. Just not now with the supply shortage. 3 months or so till things settle?

Last edited:
Ordered my 722 through Dish'n It Up on Aug 15. Was told it was shipped that day and would arrive in 5-7 business days.

Aug 22, I call and ask for a tracking number: "We don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 24 (7 business days): "It will be there in the next 2-4 business days, and I assure you it has been shipped."

Aug 27: "I'm sorry sir, even though it's late we don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 30: "Sorry sir, your receiver was not shipped on August 15th. It will be shipped today, and arrive in 7-10 business days."

Idiots.

OK . . . this one inspired me to post the line I got on Aug. 27 . . .

CSR: "It was shipped UPS on Aug. 20th"

ME: "Can I have a tracking number?"

CSR: "No sir, we do not have a tracking number. Please call UPS and ask them for your tracking number."

ME: "They have millions of tracking numbers. How will they know which one is mine?"

Next thing I know I'm being transferred to tech. support.

Last edited:
After reading these shipping stories I am really glad that I had mine installed.

I still have to ship my old 322 back to Dish. The Tech could not pick it up. He said that Dish would mail be a pre-paid box to send it back in.

Hey dishcomm - I am just up the road from you in Hickory.

When new models come out, there's always an adjustment period, and not just for Dish.

I like Dish. I like their programming. I will upgrade later. Just not now with the supply shortage. 3 months or so till things settle?

There is no shortage, some installers are just not organized. It's no surprise, welcome to the planet.

Now, if you wait 3 months, there may be a set number of initial units ready to ship and you may run into a real shortage then.

Since you are already willing to wait, i don't see the problem - just call for the upgrade and when it comes with no problems, be happy. If it doesn't come, remember you were willing to wait anyway so wait until your installer gets their inventory updated.

They should call and reschedule before the appointment time. Yet, we never ever hear from them at all, unle4ss we call them.

>Since you are already willing to wait, i don't see the problem - just call for the
>upgrade and when it comes with no problems, be happy. If it doesn't come,
>remember you were willing to wait anyway so wait until your installer gets their
>inventory updated.

I'm NOT willing to have $250.00 charged to my card and wait indefinitely.
Sorry, this only works if I was charged AFTER the receiver was received.

>After reading these shipping stories I am really glad that I had mine installed.

Did you read my installation story?

I'm NOT willing to have $250.00 charged to my card and wait indefinitely.Sorry, this only works if I was charged AFTER the receiver was received.

I guess you are out of luck then because you will always be charged before the receiver is delivered, even if it is on time.

Just received a shipping confirmation email from Dish this morning with a UPS tracking number! Despite all the frustrations, I'm pleased they actually sent an email. Looks like I should finally have it in a few days.

I got an email for my 211s too, that helped big, although the anticipation of knowing that I was going to be waiting 6 days before they show up was a bummer... :)

The 722 was overnighted because of the mess (I didn't want to wait another 6 days). It was here on my doorstep at 9a, too soon to get an email track #..

By the way, the 722 is a great piece of hardware and I love HDNet and HDNet Movies. Boiler Room was on early this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)