722's on Back-order!

Cali,

I do not know if it is just where I live that the install service is better, or if it is because I use my local phone company (Embarq) to get Dish, but I have only had great service so far (knock on wood).

My original install was painless, and the upgrade to the 722 was very simple as well.

After reading your story and others stories I feel fortunate.

I just received a call from the Dish sat installer and he confirmed my appointment for tommorow to get my 722. He said they are out of 622's and assured me that I would get a 722. I also got his phone number.

This is simply unprofessional and unacceptable. Why do you people put up with this behavior?

If Dish is going to cancel your appointment, they have an obligation to inform you before the date of the cancelled appointment.

The fact that you people don't complain about this behavior allows them to continue this crap with impunity.

Same with customers. I've wasted hundreds of hours on customers who were not at home and didnt have the courtesy to call in and reschedule.

I was scheduled for an install last Saturday, 8/25/07. No one showed or called. I called and found it was rescheduled for Wednesday August 29(yesterday). I was told that it was canceled because of a shortage of 722s, I rescheduled for Saturday September 1st. I am in no rush anyhow. I have a 622 and this is a replacement for the 921.

I got the 722 installed on Saturday September 1st. I received a call at about 11:00 AM ( I had a morning appointment scheduled) from Dish that the installer was finishing up a customer in Howell (about 7 miles away) and that he should be at my home soon. He came withing about a half hour and the install went well. He showed me how to set up the modulated channel. I had a cable already going the television in the living room. I had never figured out how to do it with the 622.

I had a 921 in the bedroom and a 622 in the living room. I wanted the 722 installed the living room and the 622 moved to the bedroom. When I called Dish, I found out that if I had the installer to this it would cost another $65. So I had him put the 722 in the bedroom and later moved them myself. Its pretty stupid to require an install in a case like mine where the cables are there already. I had installed the 921 myself and purchased and installed the necessary switches and cables. The 921 was much more finicky than the 622. So I am used to the switch check routine.

At least I learned how the modulated channel works. The modulated channel apparently needs to be set at 73 on TV2. I had quite a lot of standard definition programs from the SciFi channel that were on the hard drive of the 622 and now I can continue to watch them in the living room.

My install was scheduled between noon and 5PM todaY. The installer called at 10AM to ask if he could come early. He was here by 10:15 and the install went great. 722 works perfect so far. Also, he left me his personal phone number to call if I had any problems in the first 30 days. Very professional.

Last edited:
Let us remember something: This is a service industry. There are endless variables involved in the installers performing their jobs. The jobs before yours can be more time consuming than expected for any number of reasons- equipment, site, etc. An installer may not show up for work due to sickness or other causes. The customer may need a lot more hand holding than usual, or won't shut up. Neighbors, and god forbid, HOA types, can show up with their two cents, or to try to stop/alter the install. And traffic is always variable.

Dispatchers and schedulers could be geniuses, but they aren't all knowing. There will always be delays, jobs that don't get done, or have to be rescheduled. And we customers will usually not even know why. Doesn't really matter, does it?

Let's not be NIGYYSOB players, using such an event as an opportunity to express our "righteous indignation." That won't help, and might hurt the cause.

NIGYYSOB players...What's that mean?...
Anyway. As far as I am concerened there is no excuse for not picking up a telephone and calling the customer
you are correct in mentioning all the variables that effect our jobs.
No sense in rehashing them..We on the service side have seen it all. Unfortunately the prevailing attitude amongst the majority of customer is that thier job is the only job a tech has that day. In fact we got a directive from Dish that we are to treat every customer as though their job was our only concern that day..One of the most frequent complaints from customers when they call to complain is "the guy seemed to be in a hurry". So Dish Told all it's techs and subs to give a better appearance. Irt's crap..Guys are leaving the office with 4, 5 or 6 jobs and a limited amount of time to do them..Can't have it both ways. Either give us moretime to spend on each job by spacing out the work. Or allow us to work at a pace that gets us to the next job on time..

So many people whining about not getting a new launch unit within 72 hours of release... Every bit a headache as the 622 launch was. People just need to take a deep breath. If I get one more e-mail whining about a 722 what wasn't delivered in 72 hours or less those people will be waiting a week...

You'll all get your units, but in the meantime you're annoying the hell out of the people making it happen, paid for or not.

Almost makes an installer wish Dish had a "security deposit" on service calls and installs. If the customer is home, then they get the $$ back.
lots of companies do that...Vonage does......Golf courses do it too..Some will take payment for a tee time on a credit card and if the players don't show and don't call , they pay for the round.....

I purchased 2 722s last week, I work for a local E* retailer, and I drove to Echosphere in Sacramento to pick them up, They had a HUGE stack of them in the where house, there were no issues getting them and as far as I know, they are not in short supply, but they should be, AWSOME reciever.

Almost makes an installer wish Dish had a "security deposit" on service calls and installs. If the customer is home, then they get the $$ back.
I'd have no problem with that. But it should work both ways. If the installer doesn't show, the customer should get a credit of the same value.

Maybe if it costs them, people will learn to keep their commitiments, or at least have the common curtesy to call and cancel prior to the appointment date.

Unfortunately, it appears that some people need a financial incentive to honor their commitments.

I'd have no problem with that. But it should work both ways. If the installer doesn't show, the customer should get a credit of the same value.

Maybe if it costs them, people will learn to keep their commitiments, or at least have the common curtesy to call and cancel prior to the appointment date.

Unfortunately, it appears that some people need a financial incentive to honor their commitments.

I cannot speak for anyone else. I show up...100% of the time..If I am stuck on the job or running late, I make heads up calls to all customers expecting me that day. Last week I got stuck on a D-1000+ pretty much all day....I called my other jobs and told them I was running very late..I then called dispatch and they got those jobs assigned to other techs..That's how it should work...
Too many times I have struck out getting people to answer their phone or return my calls. I show up and they are no where to be found..There's no one to see about that..Unfortunately Dish has this idioitc rule that all jobs have to be rolled on. Their reason is, suppose the customer is working in the yard or just stepped out for a few mins..Two things..If someone orders satellite tv and is too cheap to buy an answering machine I have a problem with that..Also I have issues with people who refuse to return phone calls..These are the douchebags that pull no shows..Oh and I love this one...I go , there 's no one there and the cust doesn't answer their phone..So I tag the door and I leave after calling dispatch...an hour later the guy comes home, sees the note and has a sh*t fit. He demands I go back over there and do his job...Not gonna happen..You missed you turn, Pal...The other one is the infamous "I was home the whole time"...really, so why is it you didn't answer the phine or come to the door after I pounded on it like I was tryig to break in..Front nad back door..
Has pone jst like that..Gte there, no car in the driveway...Go in back there's a dog there but no people..Dog barked a few times after I called/ kncoked...This woman had the nerve to call Dish and complain that we didn't show up...Um, I left a note on the front door, made you dog bark and your car wasn't there..She said....Get this..She parked her car across the street in her neighbor's drive..She demanded that I go back..Sorry lady I was 40 miles away.
This is the BS we have to put up with..If these people knew it would cost them 50 bucks fo a no call no show, they'd think twice about blowing us off.

Previously on Worst Customer Service Ever....

Ordered my 722 through Dish'n It Up on Aug 15. Was told it was shipped that day and would arrive in 5-7 business days.

Aug 22, I call and ask for a tracking number: "We don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 24 (7 business days): "It will be there in the next 2-4 business days, and I assure you it has been shipped."

Aug 27: "I'm sorry sir, even though it's late we don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 30: "Sorry sir, your receiver was not shipped on August 15th. It will be shipped today, and arrive in 7-10 business days."

Idiots.

And in this week's episode.....

Sep 1: "Thank you for following up to confirm shipment of your 722. I'm sorry, but your receiver has still not been shipped. I will forward this to our Executive Resolution Team immediately."

Sep 2: "The Executive Resolution Team has confirmed that your receiver has been shipped. Please wait 7-10 business days."

Sep 5: "I can't give you a tracking number sir, but there's no need to worry. Our system shows your receiver was shipped. Please call back after 10 business days.

Sep 13: "I'm sorry sir, I can't provide you with a tracking number, but I assure you the receiver has been shipped and you will receive it shortly."

Sep 17: "I understand it's been 10 business days, sir, let me see what I can find out. (Hold 10 min). I'm connecting you to the Executive Resolution Team."

Exec Res Team: "I'm sorry for your problems sir, and I see your receiver has still not been shipped. Let me see what I can do. (Hold 10 min). Okay sir, everything has been cleared up and your receiver will ship tomorrow. You can expect it in 7-10 business days.....No sir, I'm sorry I can't give you a tracking number, but be assured that your receiver will definitely ship tomorrow."

Me: "Really? You mean more than a month after my credit card was charged, and after 15 customer service calls and being repeatedly lied to in every one, you mean this time Lucy won't pull the football and make me look like a fool again?"

Exec Res Team: "Your receiver will ship sir."

Me: "Great talking to you. I look forward to our next conversation in 10 business days."

I cannot speak for anyone else. I show up...100% of the time..If I am stuck on the job or running late, I make heads up calls to all customers expecting me that day. Last week I got stuck on a D-1000+ pretty much all day....I called my other jobs and told them I was running very late..I then called dispatch and they got those jobs assigned to other techs..That's how it should work...
Too many times I have struck out getting people to answer their phone or return my calls. I show up and they are no where to be found..There's no one to see about that..Unfortunately Dish has this idioitc rule that all jobs have to be rolled on. Their reason is, suppose the customer is working in the yard or just stepped out for a few mins..Two things..If someone orders satellite tv and is too cheap to buy an answering machine I have a problem with that..Also I have issues with people who refuse to return phone calls..These are the douchebags that pull no shows..Oh and I love this one...I go , there 's no one there and the cust doesn't answer their phone..So I tag the door and I leave after calling dispatch...an hour later the guy comes home, sees the note and has a sh*t fit. He demands I go back over there and do his job...Not gonna happen..You missed you turn, Pal...The other one is the infamous "I was home the whole time"...really, so why is it you didn't answer the phine or come to the door after I pounded on it like I was tryig to break in..Front nad back door..
Has pone jst like that..Gte there, no car in the driveway...Go in back there's a dog there but no people..Dog barked a few times after I called/ kncoked...This woman had the nerve to call Dish and complain that we didn't show up...Um, I left a note on the front door, made you dog bark and your car wasn't there..She said....Get this..She parked her car across the street in her neighbor's drive..She demanded that I go back..Sorry lady I was 40 miles away.
This is the BS we have to put up with..If these people knew it would cost them 50 bucks fo a no call no show, they'd think twice about blowing us off.

Same issue here!

You gotta tag the door to let the customer know you where there, and I have even seen tech put notes on the account saying what color house or car the customer has so they can prove they where there at the said time!

Usually I tell my techs when the customer is not home to go get lunch and come back because usually what happens is that you get a phone call about 10 minutes after the technician leaves.

The only other pet peeve I have is when an appointment is from lets say 8-12 and its 7:59 and the customer is already calling asking where the technician is, and when they don't show up they call every 30 minutes till the end of the window.

When I was doing installs I would absolutly hate that more than anything else, and I remember specifically I had one lady who started calling at 8AM and would call back every 15 minutes wanting to know where I was at. I was planning on being there around 9:30 AM which was well before the 8AM-12NOON window but I decided to go the Job after hers first just because she was getting on my nerves because everytime she would call the office, Someone from my office would call me and we would get into an argument about it because they where tired of talking to this lady and hearing her complain. I think I showed up around 11:50

Previously on Worst Customer Service Ever....

Ordered my 722 through Dish'n It Up on Aug 15. Was told it was shipped that day and would arrive in 5-7 business days.

Aug 22, I call and ask for a tracking number: "We don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 24 (7 business days): "It will be there in the next 2-4 business days, and I assure you it has been shipped."

Aug 27: "I'm sorry sir, even though it's late we don't have a tracking number, but I assure you it's been shipped."

Aug 30: "Sorry sir, your receiver was not shipped on August 15th. It will be shipped today, and arrive in 7-10 business days."

Idiots.

And in this week's episode.....

Sep 1: "Thank you for following up to confirm shipment of your 722. I'm sorry, but your receiver has still not been shipped. I will forward this to our Executive Resolution Team immediately."

Sep 2: "The Executive Resolution Team has confirmed that your receiver has been shipped. Please wait 7-10 business days."

Sep 5: "I can't give you a tracking number sir, but there's no need to worry. Our system shows your receiver was shipped. Please call back after 10 business days.

Sep 13: "I'm sorry sir, I can't provide you with a tracking number, but I assure you the receiver has been shipped and you will receive it shortly."

Sep 17: "I understand it's been 10 business days, sir, let me see what I can find out. (Hold 10 min). I'm connecting you to the Executive Resolution Team."

Exec Res Team: "I'm sorry for your problems sir, and I see your receiver has still not been shipped. Let me see what I can do. (Hold 10 min). Okay sir, everything has been cleared up and your receiver will ship tomorrow. You can expect it in 7-10 business days.....No sir, I'm sorry I can't give you a tracking number, but be assured that your receiver will definitely ship tomorrow."

Me: "Really? You mean more than a month after my credit card was charged, and after 15 customer service calls and being repeatedly lied to in every one, you mean this time Lucy won't pull the football and make me look like a fool again?"

Exec Res Team: "Your receiver will ship sir."

Me: "Great talking to you. I look forward to our next conversation in 10 business days."

I'm not calling you on your little story here but everytime someone has spoken to the real Executive Office, their receiver was received overnite delivery, not 7 to 10 days. Not sure who you are speaking to or if this story is real but it doesn't line up with any past history of anyone contacting the executive office, including myself.

I'm not calling you on your little story here but everytime someone has spoken to the real Executive Office, their receiver was received overnite delivery, not 7 to 10 days. Not sure who you are speaking to or if this story is real but it doesn't line up with any past history of anyone contacting the executive office, including myself.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Dish over the last few years, so I'm not interested in doing creative writing here to bash them. It's happened how I wrote it, regardless of the experience that you or anyone else had (assuming your "little story" is "real") with the Executive Office. The Exec I spoke with actually added "Hopefully sooner than that," which was probably his way of giving the company line and covering his arse in case there's another delay, and at the same time giving some indication that I may get it this week. I'll find out this afternoon when I call him back and ask for the tracking number (which he said would be available today), and whenever I do eventually get it, I'll post the update here.

The only indication I was given of any problem was when I initially ordered it, and the CSR took about 30 minutes to process it because her system wouldn't allow the 722 to go out without my inactive 921 first being returned. The (owned) 921 was upgraded to a 622 a couple months earlier due to the VOOM changeover, and I was told at the time that returning it for a minimal credit was optional, not required. So obviously I kept it. After the 30 minutes, she said she was able to override that problem and that the 722 would ship.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Dish over the last few years, so I'm not interested in doing creative writing here to bash them. It's happened how I wrote it, regardless of the experience that you or anyone else had (assuming your "little story" is "real") with the Executive Office. The Exec I spoke with actually added "Hopefully sooner than that," which was probably his way of giving the company line and covering his arse in case there's another delay, and at the same time giving some indication that I may get it this week. I'll find out this afternoon when I call him back and ask for the tracking number (which he said would be available today), and whenever I do eventually get it, I'll post the update here.

The only indication I was given of any problem was when I initially ordered it, and the CSR took about 30 minutes to process it because her system wouldn't allow the 722 to go out without my inactive 921 first being returned. The (owned) 921 was upgraded to a 622 a couple months earlier due to the VOOM changeover, and I was told at the time that returning it for a minimal credit was optional, not required. So obviously I kept it. After the 30 minutes, she said she was able to override that problem and that the 722 would ship.

My apologies for suggesting that your story might not be real, I see after reviewing again that you dealt with the Executive Resolution Team, not the Executive Office, so that might explain part of the problem with getting it shipped timely or at all. Except for this:

Now you said above that you had a 921 and you upgraded it to a 622. Then you said you called to Dish It Up a couple months later the same 921 for a 722? Or were you trying to upgrade the 2 month old 622 to a 722? I think the problem is that Dish internals keeps looking at the 921 and cancelling the 722 since it was already upgraded to a 622. Does this make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)