921 time shift issue

craig9747

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I just got my 921 and its great!! I'm so familiar with my 508 that its taken me awhile to get the hang of it. One thing that drives me nuts however is the video will freeze for a second before playing after a skip ahead or a skip back. I called a CSR and according to her supervisor its a known issue and will be fixed on the next update. Does everyone else have this problem or is the CSR full it?

My 921 and 522 both do this.

Technically speaking, I am not too sure this CAN be fixed.

In my understanding of how this stuff works.... IT is going from a snapshot of X skipped frames to streaming. You have to consider that the video output buffer has to catch up with the output to your hard drive or live video stream. That '1 second freeze' probably is there to stay IMHO.

OTA HD Recording and watching SAT channels

I just got my 921 and I'm really concerned that I can't switch to Satellite channels while recording on an OTA HD channel. When I try to switch, I get a message that recording will stop. What gives since the 921 has separate tuners for OTA and 2 for Satellite. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

phoenician said:
I just got my 921 and I'm really concerned that I can't switch to Satellite channels while recording on an OTA HD channel. When I try to switch, I get a message that recording will stop. What gives since the 921 has separate tuners for OTA and 2 for Satellite. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

You have to go in and setup a timer in Menu-7. If you manually hit the record button on the OTA channel and select the manual end of event (currently the only option you have on OTA until guide data shows up) then you can't change the channel, period. This is true for SAT as well (if you select any other option on SAT recordings, then you can change the channel).

DishBacker said:
You have to go in and setup a timer in Menu-7. If you manually hit the record button on the OTA channel and select the manual end of event (currently the only option you have on OTA until guide data shows up) then you can't change the channel, period. This is true for SAT as well (if you select any other option on SAT recordings, then you can change the channel).

Thanks for the reply. It works as you explained. I just wonder why the difference when you hit the record button and if that will be fixed in the future.

Once OTA gets guide info, then it will be fixed, because the box will have any idea of when the program you are recording will finish.

Any installer from Phoenix?

Where in heck is DISH networks christmas music?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)