922 or 722 with sling box?

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Ok I currently have a dual reciever , no dvr. do I upgrade to a 722 wiht a sling box or the 922? Also which receiver can I still hook up a Dvd to record programs? I prefer dvds, rather then using dvr :) Also can I sling to a mac?

i'd go with a 922, which is what i did. i don't use the sling much so it is great for me. when i have used the sling, it works just fine for me, although i could use a higher upload speed from my ISP, which is limited to around 750k upload. but it still puts out a great pic to my iphone. you should be able to hook up a dvd recorder to either receiver although i really don't know why you would want to, but that is just me. add a 2TB external hard drive to either machine and you will have plenty of space to record whatever you wanted. if you are not sure which one you want you might find a local dealer and go into their store and see if they have either machine hooked up and play around with each to see which you prefer. not sure if they demo the sling there though. hope you get what you want. oh, and i don't have a mac so i couldn't tell you about that.

I went one step farther. I hooked up a external HD and save all my good stuff to it. Very easy. Then plug it into my other unit when travel in our RV. with that option storage is unlimited. No need to save to DVD.

You can hook either one up to a DVD recorder but understand that the DVR will not record to it directly and your recordings will be SD recordings and copies are made by literally playing back recordings. The only advantage to this is the ability to watch the SD DVDs elsewhere.

I believe the 922 or a facsimile/incarnation is the future. The 722k needs extra hardware for Sling, rumor has it the 922 are $100.00 now also. I have both, the 922 is more interesting to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)