A Challenge For Blu-ray or PS3 Owners!!

Yeah, Transformers is fun to watch, just fun entertainment, sound, special effects.

As for LoTR and Starwars, I bought all 3 LoTR, haven't even opened part 2 nor 3. Starwars is fun too. Fun for same reasons I find Tranformers fun to watch.

I watched transformers 1x in the theater. That was enough for me, it was ok, and I will probably watch it on HBO when it comes out, but not for me to buy.

On October 16th Transformers is being released on HD-DVD. I am throwing down the guanlet and asking every BD owner to go out to your local store and buy at least one BluRay movie.

I would like to see BD beat HD-DVD during this week as it will finally show that BD has the legs to win this format war even when the only release title worth having that week is on HD-DVD. Let's make a statement on October 16th!:)
Are you the one who keeps sending me those emails about not buying gas on a certain day? You know, a gas out! Could you please take me off your list. :D

I have HBO and all, and I think I am going to record it on my TV ( I have HBOHD) so its going to be in HD-Quality, it may not look as good as the HD-DVD one, but hey its better than nothing...
I am still undecided if I still want to buy an HD-DVD player for that movie :(, I guess I am going to just wait until it comes out for HBO and it gets broadcasted on HD on the HBOHD channel and then record it on DVR.

Well I bought 8 movies this week i believe. So that my offset a bit of the transformers purchases. It's my biggest purchase week yet, before this week it was 2. But i've been having this desire to add blu to my collection. I've got 13 PS3 games, and like 15 BD movies all on one shelf. I think i need to stop renting so much.

And I thought it was just me and my weird taste (actually, the first Pirates were not too bad, I think).
Risking to sound heretical, I'd put LoTR and Star Wars in the same bunch.
I thought it was a nice popcorn flick. It won't compete with Lawrence of Arabia in terms of cinematographic achievements,
but will probably beat it in the box office by an order of magnitude...

Diogen.

The first Pirates was great, but the series really died off after that...

I have to disagree with you about LOTR and Star Wars, although for different reasons...

Maybe one of these days I'll actually watch Transformers, but probably not.

Well I bought 10 BD discs this week. Not because of transformers but because of the big sale amazon.com is having. I got 10 discs for $97. They have buy 1 get 1, but they are also discounted to start with and they apply the 10% off from last year too... Insane pricing!

One has to wonder if they are doing this to deny HD-DVD a win in weekly sales numbers...

Well I bought 8 movies this week i believe. So that my offset a bit of the transformers purchases. It's my biggest purchase week yet, before this week it was 2. But i've been having this desire to add blu to my collection. I've got 13 PS3 games, and like 15 BD movies all on one shelf. I think i need to stop renting so much.
I think your parents need to cut down on your allowance. :haha

Well tell me if this helps I just bought a Samsung Blu-Ray player. Plus Blu Ray movies. By the way I do have an HD DVD player as well and did buy Transformers sorry.

Watched the Transformers (DVD) on the PS3(did a great job of upscaling) with the Kids the other day, thats where that movie will stay ---with the Kids, too long and boring, some good affects but thats where it ends

Watched the Transformers (DVD) on the PS3(did a great job of upscaling) with the Kids the other day, thats where that movie will stay ---with the Kids, too long and boring, some good affects but thats where it ends

Who are the Kids? Are they friends of yours with a last name Kids?

Sorry, couldn't resist the capitalization error :)

Anyways, I can agree and disagree with it being a kids or young adult movie. It's very mixed up at times on what audience they were targeting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)