a fair upgrade deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ipodbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
missouri
i finally called d* to see what it was going to cost to upgrade to the new 5lnb dish, and upgrade to an hr20 and an h20.
cr says 199 for the hr20, 99 for the h20 and a 2 year programing commitment. is this the going rate?

T, While it may be the going rate, in this competitive marketplace I think you could negotiate for a better deal. I assume you are a current subscriber since you mentioned "upgrade" in your post. Do you currently have HD? Try calling again and mention that you are considering cancelling your service because Dish or Cable is offering you a similar package for considerably less. Ask them what they can do as you have been and would like to continue as a customer. I would think you could get the Slimline 5 LNB, free HD DVR, and a free HD receiver with a new two year commitment. You might have to pay $19.95 S/H. If you have no luck, tell them you have to think about it (don't cancel at this time). Call back later and speak to another retention representative and you may have better luck. By no means pay full prie for the entire deal. Good Luck

I just upgraded to the new HR20 and also got the a new 5LNB dish installed. $99 for the DVR and 19.99 for delivery and I also negotiated for 6 months free HD service. I had to commit to 2 years.

I think you can do better.

Scott

I just upgraded to the new HR20 and also got the a new 5LNB dish installed. $99 for the DVR and 19.99 for delivery and I also negotiated for 6 months free HD service. I had to commit to 2 years.

I think you can do better.

Scott

Thats still a pretty good deal. Nicely done.

Man, you guys are really getting tight, can't afford $ 200 for an $800 HD DVR ?

I got each of mine for $200 each, and was happy, the first one was $400 when I got it.

Why don't you guys just ask D* to give you the keys to the satellite too.

Jimbo

Geez all I paid was $20.95 shipping for the Dish and the HR20.

Basically same here. $19.95 - the wife just got it put in last Tuesday. Said the guys was neat, clean, professional and was done in less than 1 hour. I will be going up in the morning (midnight) for the first time to use it. I can't wait to be out of this damn corp apt so I can have all the comforts of home again.

Basically same here. $19.95 - the wife just got it put in last Tuesday. Said the guys was neat, clean, professional and was done in less than 1 hour. I will be going up in the morning (midnight) for the first time to use it. I can't wait to be out of this damn corp apt so I can have all the comforts of home again.

Any idea how long it will be till you get out of your corp housing ?

Jimbo

So you finally went HD with Directv? :) Great timing and congrats. Avoid the fall rush when folks realize Directv has been serious the past 4 years about HD. Its going to be a fun Fall.

So you finally went HD with Directv? :) Great timing and congrats. Avoid the fall rush when folks realize Directv has been serious the past 4 years about HD. Its going to be a fun Fall.

We have been HD from day 1 that is was out; but just now up'd to the 5 LNB and a HR20 with the new sats up and gearing toward Sept '07. The HR20 replaced the LG LSS-3200a that was in the den which now moves into the bedroom replacing a Zenith SAT-HD520.

We have been HD from day 1 that is was out; but just now up'd to the 5 LNB and a HR20 with the new sats up and gearing toward Sept '07. The HR20 replaced the LG LSS-3200a that was in the den which now moves into the bedroom replacing a Zenith SAT-HD520.

Cool. The HR20 has finally matured into a solid and reliable DVR. Wasnt so when it first came out but it has come a long way.

In February I re-upped for 2 yrs on the HR20 for $99.

I just called tonight to replace my old RCA HD box that can't get the new MPEG4 channels with H20, plus I wanted a new HR20 for my media room I'm finishing up.

It was kind of complex because they aren't supposed to do two new boxes discounted at the same time so it works out like this:
H20 for the $20 S/H fee.
2 RF Remote kits $60
I buy the HR20 locally for <$300
$70 credit immediately ($30 for a remote, $40 for buying the HR20)
$10 credit / month for 6 months. (for buying HR20)

So I should get all set-up for about $250. Pretty happy to think I will have spend $350 for all of this in the last 8 months considering I paid $400 for the single HD box 3 yrs ago.

Took the 2nd call to get anything done. First CSR wouldn't budge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)