A little confused. Some help please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Another way for DISH to make money, wonder why no one complains about that ?

I believe that some do! In my evaluation that is a strike against E*. What really irks me is that there is another $40 fee if one wants put an external HD on their receivers, and the hard drives are not interchangeable between HD receivers and HD DVR's. Different format, great planning.....for them.

Another way for DISH to make money, wonder why no one complains about that ?
Be sure you understand the differences of E* and D*s EHD. With E*, you can move recordings from the receiver to the EHD and back again. If you have another compatible receiver, you can move the EHD between them.

With D*, the EHD is an either or...if connected to receiver, programs will record on IT, not the internal drive. No moving back and forth. Works on only ONE receiver.

Be sure you understand the differences of E* and D*s EHD. With E*, you can move recordings from the receiver to the EHD and back again. If you have another compatible receiver, you can move the EHD between them.

With D*, the EHD is an either or...if connected to receiver, programs will record on IT, not the internal drive. No moving back and forth. Works on only ONE receiver.
Moving shows from one receiver to another makes sense but I think 99% of the E* hard drive use is for hording shows and movies they will never watch and a Netflix account would make so much more sense. I hope E* is working on networking their DVRs like D* is so the need for an external hard drive is even less. I wonder if their will be a $40 fee for a feature like that. :(

Moving shows from one receiver to another makes sense but I think 99% of the E* hard drive use is for hording shows and movies they will never watch and a Netflix account would make so much more sense. I hope E* is working on networking their DVRs like D* is so the need for an external hard drive is even less. I wonder if their will be a $40 fee for a feature like that.
:(

I do agree, too much emphasis is placed on how much one can put on a hard drive. Honestly, Netflix would solve most hard drive problems. What shows are some people watching that would involve them using a terabyte of hard drive? I love good tv as much as the next guy, but movies that are two years old are not worth using 350GB of hard drive that both D* and E* give you. C'mon, they show the same movies over and over again on the premiums anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts