A non hostile goodbye

Knightfolk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
ND
Today marks the last day of service for me providing the installer for DirecTV shows up with a HR44. I leave not in anger as so often is seen however as I have had nothing but great service with Dish.

I will very much miss the Dish UI, customer service, and for the most part channel selection.

So why leave? Well of all things it came down to the service plan DirecTv offers for 25 bucks a month. With four Hd TVs in the house (70, 60, 50, and 40 inches respectively) 3 computer setups (two with dual 27 inch monitors), and 4 iPads it just made sense to have have everything covered under one umbrella for such a reasonable price. Access to Sunday ticket is an added bonus as well.

Here's hoping in the future Dish offers something like this. I know some people are dead set against extended coverage but for me the peace of mind I get far out ways the costs involved. Now more so than ever since the monthly cost is less than a buck a day.

I look forward to still reading about all the neat stuff dish is doing with the hopper, as the recent competition in hardware between Dish and DirecTv is without a doubt a boon for all of us satellite lovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hope it all works out for you. it's good you're getting the HR44 instead of the 34. I was looking at switching back to dish myself but gotta wait until the end of the year.i'll look into it again when the time comes.

any questions feel free to ask in the directv forum.

Dish is so much better than DTV, especially if you like movies, not sports. And the Hopper with Sling is about two years ahead of the Genie. I just switched two weeks ago. Good luck trying to watch tv on your PC or laptop or Ipad.

So why leave? Well of all things it came down to the service plan DirecTv offers for 25 bucks a month. With four Hd TVs in the house (70, 60, 50, and 40 inches respectively) 3 computer setups (two with dual 27 inch monitors), and 4 iPads it just made sense to have have everything covered under one umbrella for such a reasonable price. Access to Sunday ticket is an added bonus as well.
Egad! Man, I must be poor or something.

Good luck with Directv. You'll probably enjoy it very much.

Well a non hostile good-bye is just no fun! :) Direct TV is easily my second choice of providers, no doubt you will like it. Just not as much as Dish..... Just kidding....

Goodbye

Its good you are leaving. While I on the other hand have had Dish since 1996 (echostar) with all the discounts, are people trying to get something for nothing
its been great to be LOYAL. I swear some people change tv service like diapers with no thought except how they can save $5. bucks. I look forward to the next 10 years with Dish!

In two years Dish will be more than happy to offer you a great deal to switch back... Going back and forth can save a lot of money...

Its good you are leaving. While I on the other hand have had Dish since 1996 (echostar) with all the discounts, are people trying to get something for nothing
its been great to be LOYAL. I swear some people change tv service like diapers with no thought except how they can save $5. bucks. I look forward to the next 10 years with Dish!

First I'm glad you're happy with Dish. I disagree with pretty much everything after that. I don't feel any loyalty whatsoever to any big corporation. They certainly don't show any loyalty to you by giving better prices to brand new customers than loyal people like yourself who have been around since 1996. Something for nothing? I pay $140 a month to Dish. There are no hand outs here. These are big businesses who don't care about us not some local mom and pop shop. I switch between Dish and Directv to pay less for TV just like I would go to the gas station across the street if they were selling cheaper gas.

king3pj said:
First I'm glad you're happy with Dish. I disagree with pretty much everything after that. I don't feel any loyalty whatsoever to any big corporation. They certainly don't show any loyalty to you by giving better prices to brand new customers than loyal people like yourself who have been around since 1996. Something for nothing? I pay $140 a month to Dish. There are no hand outs here. These are big businesses who don't care about us not some local mom and pop shop. I switch between Dish and Directv to pay less for TV just like I would go to the gas station across the street if they were selling cheaper gas.

I agree.

Well sounds like you will be in the $100+ club at D*. So I hope you like it as you have to stay for 2 yrs or pay penalty. If you a sports person you have gone to the right place.

Right there with ya my friend. I left Direct because when my contract was up. I called about the Genie. They wanted to charge me $300 and new 2 year contract. My wife and I said lets try Dish and that is that. Now after we canceled they offered the world but it was to late. I will never be a fanboy of a TV service provider. Call me disloyal or whatever.

I wasn't looking for freebies with Direct. I just figured $300 and a new 2 year contract is way to much. So what if people want to switch every two to save some money? Why should anyone else care? I will never understand why people care so damn much about a TV provider or a gadget.

So what if people want to switch every two to save some money? Why should anyone else care? I will never understand why people care so damn much about a TV provider or a gadget.

People like to be reassured that they made the right choice and reading about someone else dumping a service they have or gadget they bought could make them doubt their decision and want to defend it. When in this case changing providers is no big deal, in fact if you want to save money changing providers every couple of years can really save you money.

No one wants to be told they are a fool for buying something.

People like to be reassured that they made the right choice and reading about someone else dumping a service they have or gadget they bought could make them doubt their decision and want to defend it. When in this case changing providers is no big deal, in fact if you want to save money changing providers every couple of years can really save you money.

No one wants to be told they are a fool for buying something.

All I know is I used to go to a Mac board for info and I never will again. I dropped the iPhone a while back because I wanted a bigger screen and LTE. Oh boy you would have thought I killed Steve Jobs. Those idiots went off. Look I love my Mac computers but I'm not in love. I'll be damned if I ever worship a tech company. People that do that are sad and pathetic. That's the gadget fan boys I'm talking about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Dishnet is the worst internet connection ever! The salesman did not tell me about the throttling at all. Its been less then 30 days. How can I get out of the contract? I just want cox back.

Dishnet is the worst internet connection ever! The salesman did not tell me about the throttling at all. Its been less then 30 days. How can I get out of the contract? I just want cox back.

Should have done a little research first. When I used to install that stuff I would try to talk people out of it but all they could see was the $10 a month savings and the thought that since it came from a satellite it has to be better. Can't tell you how many people called back complaining about slow speeds and wanted to go back to their previous provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)