A question to ask

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RVD420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
Parts Unknown
I know this is abit odd to ask, But I am asking if anyone has and FTA gear they can donate or would be willing to sell at a reasonable cost.

My house burnt down in July, and with it I lost everything. I am in a rental house until I get my house rebuilt.

I really miss my FTA hobby, catching wild feeds, the goodies on G10, ect...
But with having to start over, and waiting for the insurance company seems like it it taking forever.

I really hate to ask, but I just don't have the money to buy all new gear.

If anyone can help me out, and lives in MN I would be willing to come and pickup anything.

Attached is a picture of what is left of my house.

Thank you for your time,

Attachments

• 100_0223.jpg
    100_0223.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 228
Sorry about your loss. However, I find the request very odd. Your house burns down last month and this is your concern? Hmmm. I would think someone in your situation would have alot more to worry about than FTA. Pick up the pieces of "your life", then worry about picking up FTA.

swampman said:
Sorry about your loss. However, I find the request very odd. Your house burns down last month and this is your concern? Hmmm. I would think someone in your situation would have alot more to worry about than FTA. Pick up the pieces of "your life", then worry about picking up FTA.

I think the Op has probably spent the last month "picking up the pieces" and is at the point where he would like to start getting back to normal. I think FTA would help him do just that. And I would like to help. So RVD420, one Twinhan is on the way-just PM me your address. You can pay me later if you get around to it. :)

RVD420

sorry to hear your loss

if you come near chicago i have stuff to give you , wish i was closer.

i feel your pain, and i hope your insurance company does the right thing

they tend to find ways not to pay for people's losses.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I think the Op has probably spent the last month "picking up the pieces" and is at the point where he would like to start getting back to normal. I think FTA would help him do just that. And I would like to help. So RVD420, one Twinhan is on the way-just PM me your address. You can pay me later if you get around to it. :)

Thats a great gesture. Might have been alot easier just to send him cash instead. That way he can buy the system of his choice and put it up...wherever he may live now.

swampman said:
Thats a great gesture. Might have been alot easier just to send him cash instead. That way he can buy the system of his choice and put it up...wherever he may live now.

I had the Twinhan in classifieds and he asked about it.

RVD

damn man sorry about your loss. Hope everyone got out OK. We had our cabin burn down a few years ago so I know the feeling.

I've got a DirecPC dish that I can donate. Its been in my computer room for a while now so its the least I can do. Just PM me and I can meet you somewhere to drop it off to ya.

I just happened to buy a 500' roll of rg6 (cheap home depot stuff) the other day, and i have some spare screw on f connectors. I also have a spare DBS lnbf if you feel the need for some nasa and audio off the dbs birds. Drop me a pm with the length of cable you will need/ address to send it to and I will send the cable/ connectors and LNBF to you.

OH MAN... What a B... I can't imagine and I don't believe it's odd in any way..

I'm new to this so, I don't have any equipment yet.. But, Larry if you send him that Primestar dish I could help a little with shipping cost.. Or we could start up a collection instead..

Maybe a collection would be a good idea! By the time what it would cost for shipping all of these items, we could probably round up enough to buy a system from Sadoun. The S-1 I bought this spring was around $200 with shipping. Would a "collection" be the better route to go? Maybe we could even get a vendor or 2 to knock a little off or something? Ideas? I would really like to help this fella out.

RVD420

can you salvage the dish on the roof? looking at your picture it seems to be intact from the back anyway.

Looking at the photo - I would imagine the house is off limits - that is I am not sure I would venture onto the roof - does not look sound :-(

otherwise right now RVD420 has a setup waiting to be picked up/shipped (just not motorized) between the dish, lnb, PC card, cabling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts