ABC’s low-rated new dramas has dragged the network to 4th place

And Disney/Abc insisted on 3 day autohop for this?:rolleyes: Les Moonves will most definitely want 7 day waiting.

The best thing that ABC has going for it is that it is owned by Disney... So, the negotiating power of ESPN and the other Disney owned channels help.

I’m not defending Mind Games it was watchable but not great by any means. My question is this though. Are we as viewers better off with a repeat of a Resurrection episode we have already seen or worse yet Celebrity Wife Swap? Mind Games was a replacement for Killer Women which was also watchable but not great. With dvrs and online viewing the eventual viewing numbers can’t be known in a day or two especially with viewers 18-49. I think all new shows should be given one full season to gain a following. If they don’t make it by then they should be cancelled.

Good question for viewers but that isn't how the network looks at it. There is the cost involved to keep a show going, one that apparently isn't paying the bills, so showing other existing shows or reruns cost less.

I’m sure your right and they have run the numbers. I’m just starting to get ADD from all the program swapping around.

I’m not defending Mind Games it was watchable but not great by any means. My question is this though. Are we as viewers better off with a repeat of a Resurrection episode we have already seen or worse yet Celebrity Wife Swap? Mind Games was a replacement for Killer Women which was also watchable but not great. With dvrs and online viewing the eventual viewing numbers can’t be known in a day or two especially with viewers 18-49. I think all new shows should be given one full season to gain a following. If they don’t make it by then they should be cancelled.

I speculate that if the network itself is not producing the show, they save money by cancelling.

I saw one episode of Mind Games (the car shopping one) and it struck me as Yet Another "Clever Person Explaining Why Other People Do Predictable Things While Showing Other People Doing Predictable Things" Show. Leverage comes to mind as an example, but Leverage was a better show.

ABC's comedies seem to be their strong suit, although Scandal seems to have a following. I'm still recording Grey's Anatomy, but I can't see them continuing past this season. And Castle is likewise a DVR entry upstairs.

ABC stands for ALL BOOBS CHANNEL. They really need an infusion of some testosterone on that network if they want to get the ratings up. If only 50% of the population is female , they are throwing away the other half in viewers, by not putting more that appeals to the male population.

Well next month ABC will hopefully announce its Fall schedule. The other networks have already announced most of their renewals.

Revolution can go if they want to take it. It has been a disappointment this season after that big season ender with the nukes headed to Philly and Atlanta at the same time. When this season opened it carried on way after the nukes had hit. I still watch it ,but only after I have watched all the rest of my shows for the week on Sunday.

Revolution can go if they want to take it. It has been a disappointment this season after that big season ender with the nukes headed to Philly and Atlanta at the same time. When this season opened it carried on way after the nukes had hit. I still watch it ,but only after I have watched all the rest of my shows for the week on Sunday.

Except that Revolution is on NBC... ABC has been failing on its own...

Paul Lee Seals New Contract as ABC Entertainment Group Chief

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGAQHqyO_kJZpVxa1myQnG0AEG3qQ

Paul Lee Seals New Contract as ABC Entertainment Group Chief
by Cynthia Littleton

There’s bound to be a lot of movement inside the Disney/ABC Television
Group in the coming year as Ben Sherwood takes the reins from outgoing
president Anne Sweeney. But one thing that won’t change in the near
future is the leadership of ABC Entertainment Group.

Paul Lee has sealed a multi-year deal to remain president of the
group, which encompasses the entertainment operations of ABC network,
the ABC Studios production division and entertainment fare for Disney
syndication and ABC Daytime. His contract renewal talks were under way
well before Sweeney’s plan to step down in January was announced last
month.

Disney topper Bob Iger has said that he tabbed ABC News prez Sherwood
as Sweeney’s logical successor as soon as Sweeney let her intentions
be known to him last summer. But Iger has also voiced his support for
Lee despite ABC’s rocky performance with new programs during the past
two seasons.

Lee has been at the helm of ABC since July 2010. He came to the
Alphabet after a successful six-year run at the ABC Family cabler, and
before that he ran the BBC America cabler in its startup phase.

ABC declined comment on Lee’s deal.

Question: What can you tell me about the Season 6 premiere of Parenthood?
Ausiello: Two things: The episode is, curiously, titled “Vegas.” And it will mark the introduction of a character that has me worried about an already-troubled couple’s future. The dude in question is named Chris, and he’s Julia’s ex-boyfriend from law school. Apparently, they end up working together at her new job.
http://tvline.com/2014/07/22/flash-plastique-season-1-cw-cast-spoilers/

Question: What can you tell me about the Season 6 premiere of Parenthood? I am dying to now.
Ausiello: The dude to the right is the latest obstacle facing Joel and Julia. Actor’s name is Coby Ryan McLaughlin. Character’s name is Chris. He’s Julia’s ex-boyfriend from law school. He’s also her new colleague. THIS ISN’T GOING TO END WELL!!!
http://tvline.com/2014/08/05/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-spoilers-sheldon-train/