??? about slig and google tv on same 722k

Tony (DIRT) guy figured it out.. My 722k was hooked up to the Internet by homeplug.. I had to disconnect that.. Then run the Ethernet cable from the reveu to the back of the 722k and hit reset for the internet and i uses it has a bridge. So they booth work off of the same machine now.. Thanks Tony..

An unpowered hub works if only one device is powered at a time. I have the 10-port hub with a lot of drives but only plug the power on one. Which will last longer plugging and unplugging, the USB connectors or the AC plugs? I had before all drives plugged in and used only one of the USBs at a time. The advantage was I could use a another USB on a second 722. The disadvantage was that all were powered up. I have a mixed system now with a frequently used drive on its own power, as is a dock for 3 large drives, and then the rest on a hub.
To use the sling and a drive you will need to use front and back or a powered hub.
-Ken

Tony (DIRT) guy figured it out.. My 722k was hooked up to the Internet by homeplug.. I had to disconnect that.. Then run the Ethernet cable from the reveu to the back of the 722k and hit reset for the internet and i uses it has a bridge. So they booth work off of the same machine now.. Thanks Tony..

that's the way mine is hooked up. homeplug for receiver and wireless for Revue. Works fine for me. Since there isn't a way to turn off homeplug on the receiver, i'm stuck. Other receivers in the house are using the homeplug connection so I can't disconnect it.

that's the way mine is hooked up. homeplug for receiver and wireless for Revue. Works fine for me. Since there isn't a way to turn off homeplug on the receiver, i'm stuck. Other receivers in the house are using the homeplug connection so I can't disconnect it.

You just disconnect it for a few minutes.. The reset it with the revue.. Then you can reconnect the homeplug.. It will still use the bridge..

You just disconnect it for a few minutes.. The reset it with the revue.. Then you can reconnect the homeplug.. It will still use the bridge..

wish that were true. the minute i plug the slinglink adapter into the outlet, the receiver stops looking at the revue and starts using the homeplug.

then the revue gets mad and puts messages on the screen about not being able to talk to the receiver.

Had to clarify this a little bit.

When we are trying to use the Revue as the bridge, we have to turn off (Disconnect) the DISHComm setting (Menu-6-1-8 on the 722/722k).

Also, have the Ethernet and HDMI from the Revue to the receiver connected (Ethernet from Revue to Receiver, HDMI from receiver, to Revue, to TV), and the Revue must have an IP via the wireless network in the home. With the connections and menu settings completed, the receiver (when "Reset Connection" is selected) will draw an IP like 172.X.X.X. It means that it got the IP from the Revue (acting as a network bridge) instead of the HomePlug. If there is another receiver still using the HomePlug, awesome. Should be good to go. If there is not, the HomePlug can go bye bye. There should be no other adapters or broadband connections to the receiver that is connected to the Revue except the Revue itself.

Holler back and let me know if that changes anything. (Hopefully that was clear....er LOL)

Had to clarify this a little bit.

When we are trying to use the Revue as the bridge, we have to turn off (Disconnect) the DISHComm setting (Menu-6-1-8 on the 722/722k).

Also, have the Ethernet and HDMI from the Revue to the receiver connected (Ethernet from Revue to Receiver, HDMI from receiver, to Revue, to TV), and the Revue must have an IP via the wireless network in the home. With the connections and menu settings completed, the receiver (when "Reset Connection" is selected) will draw an IP like 172.X.X.X. It means that it got the IP from the Revue (acting as a network bridge) instead of the HomePlug. If there is another receiver still using the HomePlug, awesome. Should be good to go. If there is not, the HomePlug can go bye bye. There should be no other adapters or broadband connections to the receiver that is connected to the Revue except the Revue itself.

Holler back and let me know if that changes anything. (Hopefully that was clear....er LOL)

How/Why do you disconnect the DishComm? DishComm is only for passing a telephone connection around. And so far there is no way to disable the Homeplug in individual receivers

• DishCOMM-compatible receivers can use a HomePlug-to-Ethernet Adapter to connect to a broadband home network for
additional features.

The reason you disconnect the receiver from the DISHComm network is so that the receiver is not looking at the 'network' through the powerline. In order for the Powerline Broadband Connector (Sling Link) to work, it requires DISHComm capability (which is the receivers ability to transfer data down the power cord). Disconnecting that connection allows the receiver to use the "standalone" connection rather then a pseudo-peer-to-peer style of connection. Give it a shot.

There is no way to disconnect/disable DishComm.

Also: DishComm is not equal to Homeplug. In fact they have nothing to do with each other, except for the AC cord.

I am re posting my answer here in case anyone had the same question, gokartergo. The Logitech Revue has built in internet browsing limitations which prevents any plug-in downloads. This prevents the sling boxes or adapters from being used because remote viewing requires downloading a plug-in. So they can both be used separately but not connected simultaneously.

Now that Sling Player is available in google marketplace for free download, why can't I use my Revue to watch the stream from Sling Adapter?

Now that Sling Player is available in google marketplace for free download, why can't I use my Revue to watch the stream from Sling Adapter?

Because then you wouldn't need to buy a brand new Pro Hd sling box like I did , for close to $200.00, to be able to actually see the sat receiver in another room on the google box using the sling player app. This is what DISH and Echostar is all about: MORE REVENUE. And after having the sling box working for a couple of weeks now, I have to say that sling is better suited for computer viewing. There are to many ways you can screw up while viewing the sat receiver in the other room . I push the button too much and the sling player locks up and has to be reset to view again. All in all the hopper/joey system looks much better for in the house viewing and no internet latency on controls. But whether I actually get one will depend on FEE pricing and whether they get ota support up and working on the hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts