Absolutely can't get WVGN off AMC 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SG2100 motor settings for your true south bird....

Motor Elevation= 47 deg.
Dish elevation = 23 deg.

Mark,

Just a thought .... Do you notice the signal better in the daytime with warmer temperatures or in the evening chill? Your LNBF could be difting frequency in the heat and cooling cycles.

Mark2074 said:
Iceberg, We always seem to be the ones that have this problem. Last night I was pulling in WVGN. Today it is 14-16% and breaking up. It's strange. I don't get it. FOX Beamount comes in at 75% quality.

PSB could you tell me what is my TRUE SOUTH bird? So I may set my motor. If you guys didn't know...I live in Toronto. (for position)

KUIL is around 75
Chuck Harder is around 60
KTEL is around 75
WVGN was at 35 last night...it was viewable :)

SatelliteAV said:
Mark,

Just a thought .... Do you notice the signal better in the daytime with warmer temperatures or in the evening chill? Your LNBF could be difting frequency in the heat and cooling cycles.

not here....WVGN is just erratic :D

Mark, congrats...havent played with my setup in a few days. My pansat is all wonky so need to download and reflash their firmware. I'm also in Toronto and pull in AMC-5 with very good quality.

PSB...I have followed your instructions on how to set up USALS in pansat but when I do go to the USALS "Position Setting" the satellite that I was on (AMC4) the dish go to the true north bird. So I still punch in my Lat. & long. and then reference. But when I go to another bird do I have to do the same thing? Set USALS and then reference? Cuz I've done that and the dish does not point to that bird. What am I doing wrong? I was on AMC4 and did a scan. So the ird and motor now know the position on the "Belt". But when I go into USALS it looks like it is screwing up. BTW, I used 1.2 to position the dish to AMC4 (this was to find it) then I changed the setting to USALS. I think the way it is suppose to go is that when I am on a channel from a particular bird that the dish should automatically reposition to bring in the channel. Is this right? :(

SatelliteAV. I don't see any real change. The temp. did go down quite a bit the past few days and WVGN has been sketchy even since. I don't know if the temp really plays a factor. Maybe the dish moved...who knows. :(

You only set up USALS and hit REFERENCE on your true south satellite, then when on the other satellites when you hit USALS the dish/motor should move to the correct position, so you just use REFERENCE on your true south satellite. I would go back to your true south satellite do a factory reset and start again.

Make sure your Latitude is North and Longitude is West in the true south antenna set up screen!

PSB,

Thanks for the help. I managed to find AMC-5. So I did a factory reset. Then went back to antenna setup scolled down to AMC-5/Ku and the quality was very good. So I set the USALS and low and behold the SG2100 went back to 0 again. So I went up to the dish and manually set it back to AMC-5. Went back to set USALS reference for my area. Then it went back to 0 again. But 0 is not where AMC-5 is I must move it 10 degrees to the west. Shouldn't reference set AMC-5 as 0????

The motor has to be in the ZERO position when you hit reference and you are pointing true south, so you may have to motor back to the zero position on the motor and repeat the above. Zero is when the motor is pointing straight ahead. At this point when you have the motor at zero and have found your true south bird I would also reset the motor, with the power on the receiver insert a paper clip in the hole in the motor (see manual) for around three seconds until it changes color from green to red then back to green.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/documents/SG2100 easy manual.pdf

I have found the true south bird AMC-5 but it is not where 0 is on the motor. I have to move the motor 10 degrees west to get to it this bird. I get nothing if it is on 0 (pointing straight south). Everything it lining up correctly because the equipement has all the grooves and and markings to make sure that you are true south. Would that mean the SBS-6 is my true bird since it is further east?

Set the dish/motor to zero, then move (by hand) the dish/motor and all until your hit true south satellite, dont motor to get there!

I mean swivel/rotate it on the mount/pole, check the above PDF.

Loosen the four bolts that hold the motor to the mast/pole and turn the motor and all until you hit your true south satellite!

Have you tried entering it manually.....

11990Mhz(H) SR:2.000Msps
Video/4194 audio/4195 PCR/4194

PSB, Thanks....I guess I goofed!!! Today was another good day, the weather was warm enough....but I screwed it up again. I have to see when is the next good day

No WVGN

I can't get WVGN either, probably because I've located AMC4 on my secondary lnbf -- slightly off-center. The other stations come in fairly well though.
I've sent an e-mail to the station so that they are at least aware that some viewers are having problems.

I'm not sure you should have sent them an email. If they realize that many people are watch them, they may scramble their signal. WVGN is only testing now....it won't be forever. They are only concerned with the viewers in their area (US Virgin Islands).

My bad

Mark, perhaps you're right. I naively assume that because WVGN has it in the clear, they intend for people to receive it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Down to Basics, please

New questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)