Add 129

the easiest way is to call E* and let them do it.. But if you want to do it your self there are several ways... First you need to make sure that you have a line of site for the 129 orbital... basically if there are no trees in the direction your current dish is pointed you should be okay... the easiest way to add 129 is to replace your current dish and LNB with a 1000.2 dish and LNB and just run a check switch on the recievers...

Last edited:
call dish!
they may offer you the upgrade for free, since you are supposed to have 61.5 or 129 as part of your 722 package. how did you get the 722?

At one time dish was allowing techs to replace the 625 with a 722 when the warehouse was out of 625s

Yes, but we also had to install a 1000.2 when we substituted a 622/722 for a 625. I usually put up 1000.2s on every job anyway, but we were expected to when we made the substitution. In fact, if it was connected to the phone line or broadband and there was only 110/119 they would build a TC.

If there's a 1000.2 Dish already installed or a wing dish for the 61.5 and you're not receiving your HD programming, then the technician might have not aligned the dish properly. Check your Dish: If it's a 500, then call E* and have them build you a WO to add a HD orbital. If you already have a 1000.2, then something's wrong. Call Dish and have them build a TC.

McGoo, it depends on your current dish LNB/switch configuration which you didn't provide, but I agree swapping for a 1000.2 is likely the best solution. If you're an RVer you may want it on a separate dish for those places 61.5° is easier to find.

EKB: Add a 61.5° Dish to Your System walks you through the possibilities.

I didn't give enough info...........I'm in a motorhome with a Kingdome and was informed that I need a meter to set the ant. It will switch between satellites when programed. Thanks for your answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)